Headlight upgrade CG125 98 model

Hilly2020

Hello all

I have my cg125 98 model and the head lights are rather awfull and i am looking to upgrade them as I am wanting to do some night rides but am unable to with the awful lights on the bike what is the best way to upgrade them and is there a way to just put one of those aftermarket LED bulbs in and still get the functionality as in high beam low beam

thankyou 🤘

Same as me. They are rubbish!

Don't bother with LED, the light is really diffuse and ruins the beam pattern. Also, they have a huge chunk sticking out the back that houses the electronics and does the cooling which is too big to fit in the headlight housing with all the wires stuffed in there.

I've [strikeout]bodged up[/strikeout] engineered a 472 (H4) headlight buld to fit and get much better light output. I'll take a snap when I get a mo.

The bulb wiring goes straight through the handlebar switch from the generator so it might be an idea to run a relay either from the generator or battery using the handlebar switch as a trigger. I've not done that though so can't say whether it would work or not.

Square headlights are always less effective than round ones because a square reflector cannot focus the light as well as a round one.

Fitting a round light might help a bit but you'd probably not notice.

The suggestion above is as good as you'll get with the original light unit. But you could try fitting an auxiliary light as well. Run it off a separate feed and switch.