Suzuki GN125 2007

timg

What model was it?

Suzuki GN125 2007

When did you buy it and how much did it cost?

April 2012. £995.

Good points?

Averaged around 100mpg, often on a short commute in town traffic.

3000km on the clock and had been garaged from new by its one previous owner.

Comfortable (although never rode it for over about an hour and a quarter in one go).

Started first time, every time, even in wet and very cold weather when stored outdoors.

Rode it home (1 hour journey) the day after I passed my CBT and it was confidence inspiring from the start.

Bad points?

Engine very rough until warm (carburettor and manual choke).

Got lots of rust in the year I had it (stored outside but under a decent cover).

Lots of engine vibration above 45 to 50mph.

Severely compromised on the motorway. Only did this a few times but it was a case of finding a slow moving lorry and following it. Hit the red line at between 60 and 65mph and with enough vibration through the pedals to numb my feet.

Finding neutral could be a challenge.

Would you get another?

Would still have it if it hadn't been written off by a moment of stupidity from someone in charge of four wheels (ouch).

I would buy another if I hadn't shelved the motorbike commute (see last point). If I ever buy another bike it will just be for leisure riding and so the lack of power would stop me from owning one just for fun. I'd not be looking for much more power (zero thrills gained from speed here) and would consider a GN250 if I could find a decent one.

Any other comments?

I loved this motorbike and would still be riding it now if it hadn't been written off. A solid, reliable, no nonsense motorbike which was in its element in 30 and 40mph speed limits. The YBR125 I trained on for my restricted licence felt much quicker and smoother (no vibration, no cold start issues) but my GN125 felt more sure footed, especially in the wet. Just a personal opinion.

Attach a picture if you wish.

Done!

5.jpeg.415f2b4f7b990059f1c0d40e0d6bb126.jpeg

My 2007 Suzuki GN125

REMEMBER - PLEASE USE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR EACH REVIEW!

REPLY TO THREADS ONLY TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM ORIGINAL POSTER.

EVEN IF YOU WANT TO DO A REVIEW THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE... PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD.

THANK YOU.