Honda CLR 125

Youngbiker819

Honda CLR 125 2001

Bought it in May 2018 with 27,000 miles on the clock costing me £500 i did some basic maintenance oil change, chain and sprocket, spark plugs, new brake lever, filled some dents and holes in the bodywork and exhaust and a re spray plus decals so put another £200 in it too.

Its a big bike for a 125 and is quite tall making it good for someone of a big build. despite only being 125cc its got a nice noise to it. Its quite a interesting bike being a dual sport it has quite a tall look and the exhaust is quite high up on the bike and is covered by a big chrome heat shield, so its nearly impossible to burn your leg. its simple and being a Honda is pretty damn bulletproof. Its quite good for greenlaning as long as its dry and you have the right tyres. its got good torque and will accelerate quite quickly. it handles really well and is perfect for commuting and fun.

Not many bad points. not the fastest of bikes (its a 125 what do you expect!), can't do much to the exhaust as it is pretty damn complex, with the dual sport tires on mine (pirelli mt 60) the vibrations are horrible when your doing anything more that 50mph so unless you want to use it for green lanes i suggest using road tires. Other than that there aren't many downsides.

I probably would buy another one as they are fun little bikes and always get a little bit of attention so its worth having one.

No other comments what you see is what you get.... FUN