Africa Twin Adventure Sports.

Forum rules
Please try to cover the areas listed below to give a complete overall review. This information, along with other reviews can inform and guide other members when choosing a motorcycle to purchase. Please remain factual and specific. 'It's shit' isnt adequate!

What model was it?
When did you buy it and how much did it cost?
Good points?
Bad points?
Would you get another?
Any other comments?
Attach a picture if you wish.

REMEMBER - PLEASE USE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR EACH REVIEW!

REPLY TO THREADS ONLY TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM ORIGINAL POSTER.

EVEN IF YOU WANT TO DO A REVIEW THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE... PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD.

THANK YOU
bonio
Subscriber
Bike(s): Triumph Tiger XRX 800, RV 125 VanVan, DR-Z400 SM
Challenge score: 250
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 447 times

Re: Africa Twin Adventure Sports.

Post by bonio » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:31 pm

S-Westerly wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 pm
Africa Twin was on my short list of bikes but my short arsed legs just couldn't cope with it. I needed a step ladder to mount! My Ducati Multistrada is bad enough and I have to be careful not to put my foot down on the downhill side of any slope or it gets embarrassing fast.
Oooh. Ducati Multistrada. Nice bike :thumb:
Two Soups

Pie man
Bike(s): Bavarian Mudslinger 1200GS & Yamaha MT07
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Pie man » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:34 pm

I'm in the market for a new steed next year. I have a test ride booked next week to take out the KTM 1290 Adventure S, a bike I have been interested in for a while, and one that will replace the Bavarian Mudslinger in the New year. I have read this review several times now and thought I need to give the bike a try. So in the meantime I took the big Honda Africa Twin (DCT) out for a test ride today. I have to say I was impressed with the big Honda, I liked the smoothness of the DCT and the ergonomics of the bike were just right, I liked the bars being that bit closer to my body and couldn't believe how comfortable it was to ride. Anyhow this has now thrown a spanner in the works, if the mighty KTM doesn't come up trumps next week, and I resist a test ride on a 1250GS, It might just be the big Honda for me. :? :shock:

Gerontious
Bike(s): Honda CRF1000D2 (DCT)
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 1221 times

Post by Gerontious » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:29 pm

Now with added corned beef cans.
24th december 19.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.

Return to “Honda Reviews”