CBR600FY 2000 W reg

Nogin

What model was it? CBR600FY 2000 W reg

When did you buy it and how much did it cost? January 2011 £2000

Good points? Its been brilliant, the aluminium frame is a bonus so there is no rust and its easy to clean same goes with the swing arm. She handles really well and I think for someone like me who has only been riding 5 years she is ideal as she is very forgiving and in reality her ability to take corners out weighs my ability to ride her.

The other great thing about this model is there is a tonne of spares on ebay so a broken mirror can be replaces easily and cheaply. Dials are clear and easy to read and headlamp is good. Brakes are sharp and as good as you'll ever need for a £2K bike.

Bad points? I really wish she had a fuel gauge, but that the only thing that annoys me about her.

Would you get another? Yes if I wanted a sports bike, however I'm getting old so want something a bit more upright next time.

Any other comments, She comes with Honda reliability and build quality!

• 8 months later...

If anyone is interested in these bikes, The FX and FY are carbed so MPG tends to be better than the Fi version.

If anyone wants a years worth of figures for the bike ie MPG, servicing tyres etc, just PM me and I can mail it over as a Excel file for you to look at.

What MPG do you get?

I had an FY and now on an F6!

I'm surprised if the carbs got better mpg, when we both let go of the throttle your bike draws fuel, mine stops all together and I got over 60mpg going up the motorway at over 80 on the clocks most of the way.

I get the same miles out of both, the fuel light came on at 140 miles on the FY and the reserve gauge comes on at about 140-150 miles on the FI.

I'm averaging 50mpg, on a few long runs up to the coast I have managed 66mpg! :shock: if I rag it its goes down to about 46mpg. My mates have an RR and says he gets 35 and another mate with an Fi, seems to struggle around 35-40mpg at best, perhaps his is shagged, don't know.

My best run was 64mpg :)

My current running average on fuelly is 49.9mpg, you should keep track with that if you dont already!

Sounds like his tyres are flat or something!

Mine did drop right down to 33mpg however, though it was thrashed full throttle for most of that time.

I also had a 2008 RR, which would get 57mpg on the motorway as an average, if I did 70mph religiously I got just above 60mpg.

Then the Kawasaki ER6F I had did 77mpg :lol: