Honda Hornet CB600F ABS 2010

bakes0310

What model was it? Honda Hornet CB600F ABS 2010

When did you buy it and how much did it cost? Febuary 2010 (had to wait nearly 3 weeks till march 1st to have it with the 10' plates) £5500 (£1000 discount, sold 125cc bike)

Good points? Excellent starter bike for me, a very gentle learning bike. But when your ready its got enough power to stand side by side with the rest of the 600cc bikes. The handling is very responsive and the ABS is very good.

Bad points? Didnt come with a rear hugger so i had to buy that myself. Also didnt come with a cover on the part of the tank where my jacket button kept knocking it leaving a very minor scratch.

Would you get another? Probably not as i would want something different. I am looking at getting another bike in 2-3 years time, which most likely be a Honda as there an awesome company and make very nice bikes that keep on going.

• 2 weeks later...

Its piece of bodywork that 'hugs' the rear wheel and prevents stuff flicking up at your undertray... kind of like a rear mudguard.

almost spot on

they where designed to protect that expensive rear shock :wink:

Its piece of bodywork that 'hugs' the rear wheel and prevents stuff flicking up at your undertray... kind of like a rear mudguard.

almost spot on

that rusty thing with a white spring around it that doesn't do anything in my case ...ahhhhhhh. :lol:

almost spot on

They dont work in either instance, I wont ever buy another honda cos all the bikes they make dont just keep on going :crybaby:

• 4 weeks later...

What model was it? 2008

When did you buy it and how much did it cost? Purchased in 2008, £5,000

Good points? For a first big bike it was excellent. Riding position, handling. Tipped into corners so easily. And quick enough for that first big bike experience. Comfy bike too, and a big tank. Comfortable at low revs.

Bad points? It's a Honda starter bike basically, so it's not gonna have many (if any).

Would you get another? No, as I have moved on to bigger and better things.

Any other comments ? As a first big bike it was superb. Good and quick enough to pass a lot of other 600's on the Mountain Section at the IOM. Also carried a lot of luggage.

What model was it? 2008

When did you buy it and how much did it cost? Purchased in 2008, £5,000

Good points? For a first big bike it was excellent. Riding position, handling. Tipped into corners so easily. And quick enough for that first big bike experience. Comfy bike too, and a big tank. Comfortable at low revs.

Bad points? It's a Honda starter bike basically, so it's not gonna have many (if any).

Would you get another? No, as I have moved on to bigger and better things.

Any other comments ? As a first big bike it was superb. Good and quick enough to pass a lot of other 600's on the Mountain Section at the IOM. Also carried a lot of luggage.

is this a review of a bike you have owned ratser? if so it wants its own thread as it will just get lost in all the drivel :mrgreen:

also if you got it in 2008 its not a 2010 model like the thread title :)