Honda CBR1000RR 2010

Ratser

What model was it ? 2010 and in black and white.

When did you buy it and how much did it cost ? Purchased in 2010, £12,500

Good points ? Given my natural progression this was the very obvious next step. The ultimate sports bike. Given that it was fully kitted out with the full Yoshi exhaust, engine protection, bar ends, alarm and tail tidy just made it look pretty awesome. On the road, well, the thing flies. Though I have been quite restrained with it for the most part. The accelaration is awesome, the noise is incredible, the handling is superb especially on the twisties, the range is pretty similar to the 600RR but you have to judge it on miles as this has no gauge. Not much storage either, especially when an alarm box is under the seat too. Slow speed has it a bit floppy, but get it through the revs with the standard quickshifter and you are off. This thing will wheelie in 4th gear.

Bad points ? No storage for even a flimsy wee waterproof jacket. Though if the alarm box wasn't there it would have. Eh, thats it.

Would you get another ? This was brand new. I don't think I would get rid of it or have another one unless to trade in for a newer model in a few years time.

Any other comments ? To really see what it is like, you have to ride it. My mate who has had his 12 year old R1 since new had a shot. I have never seen his grin so wide. Even after he had a shot of a Desmo. That said it all for me. Now all I need is the ability to ride it like he did. :lol:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/Ratser/Bike/29072011509.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/Ratser/Bike/01072011491.jpg

• 7 months later...