NSR 125RR Foxeye 2002

Adam

Just a quick review of my current bike, an NSR. It's an 02 plate but production was stopped in 01 so any bikes later than this date just weren't registered until the year in question.

My bike is an Italian import so running at full power, however I believe it has been restricted to comply with UK licensing laws when riding on a CBT. The bike itself gives you a lot more confidence being bigger than most other 125's, for those who haven't seen one it more like the size of a YZF R125. This means it's planted more to the ground, and can be lent into corners with more confidence.

The NSR is the older brother of the CBR the main difference being the size and the engines, the CBR a 4 stroke and the NSR a 2 Stroke. What that means is the NSR is all revs burning petrol and oil within the engine itself, this means you have to keep it topped up with 2 stroke oil otherwise you risk blowing up the engine.

The ride itself is awesome with a powerband in every gear it flies for a 125 easily beating almost any 125 or car from the lights, getting up to 60 takes under 10 seconds I don't know the exact figures but who cares, when you're riding it feels quick. Top speed I've had out of it was 80mph (on a private road, of course..) which leads me to believe it's restricted as people claim to get around 110mph derestricted. 80mph is fast enough for me and is more than most 4 strokes will do revving the nuts off them. However, with speed and revs comes a price, in the form of petrol and decent 2 stroke oil, a full tank will set you back on average £10 and the same for decent oil roughly. Milleage wise it's not the best but that's because of all the revs which is normal for a 2 stroke.

All in all if you want a bike to mess around on and have a massive grin on your face the whole time you're riding then this is te bike for you, you'll be the envy of all your mates on their peds and 4 strokes. As a commuter bike it's not so good due to the high revs needed, especially when in traffic you can't filter past.

Out of 10 I'd give the bike a 7, really fun but could be more economical.