Cbr 600 F-K 1989

mintex

Honda CBR 600 F-K 1989 Model

I wanted one of these bikes years ago, a mate of mine had the 400 aero as his first big bike.

Alas i never did get one as i could not afford one.......but guess what, now i'm older and i bought one on the cheap :)

That was almost 2 years ago and i'm glad to say i'm still happy with it.

This bike handles well, and this model (89 onwards) had the slightly different cam timing, higher compression and bigger carbs so makes around 95bhp and can mix it with more modern stuff still.

0-60mph time of 3.5secs and on to a top speed of 140mph. The lad i bought it from says he has had it reading over 140 on the speedo but ive never tried and dont intend to, i'm at that age were once i hit 100mph then thats fast enough :)

The riding position is not as extreme as modern sports bikes and the pegs are quite low so its not cramped, the riding position is probably classed as a sports tourer nowadays, but in saying that taller riders might find it feels small as the seat height is also quite low.

One down side is the brakes, they work and they will stop you but they dont have as much feel as moden stuff but you can still lift the rear wheel under heavy abuse.

The back brake, will what can i say, its there and i use it but it takes a bit to get used to its feels like its got blocks of wood not brake pads but this could be just mine and i will be upgrading the hoses and pads in it soon.

The engines seem quite bulletproof with only the cam chain tensioner or the fuel pump needing attention , mine shows just over 41 thousand and still pulls strong with no smoke or rattles.

The tyres by modern sports bikes are small. On mine it has a 110/80/17 on the front and a 140/80/17 on the rear and i use all the rubber available although i the sales brochure says it should have a 130 rear.

If you wanted one of these bike years ago and still fancy one then buy one before the prices start rising as it turns into a classic bike.

1859929782_backcover(1024x751).thumb.jpg.4c2ef53327a5d01371dc1c9ded86cd1f.jpg

sales

222986783_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.7134bf368b930403917d46c26d2ac296.jpg