Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT 2017

grunthorpe

This is my layman's review of the Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT 2017 with 1000 miles on the clock as of today.

I bought it new just over a month ago on PCP for around £6500 with R&G crash bungs and 12V power socket thrown in.

Good points:

1. Looks absolutely beautiful, haven't had a chance to go anywhere nice enough to warrant a photo and my commuting renders her a constant filthy mess. Don't expect a superbike, it is a sports tourer tarted up to look like one :lol:

2. In my opinion, fits into the sports tourer bracket and as such is comfortable in all environments. Long first gear for slow filtering is ideal and 6th gear takes speeds above legal in it's stride (on private land with the landowner's permission). Surprisingly upright position for it's looks, but still lets you tuck behind the (adjustable) windscreen for less wind blast at higher speed. Easy to adjust your position on the seat to avoid butt ache.

3. Clear and useful info display including gear indicator, fuel consumption/range, odo/trip. Good backlight makes it easily seen at night.

4. Insanely bright headlights, high beam about as bright as a thousand suns

5. Decent stock mirrors (compared to the atrocities on my KTM anyhow!)

6. Cruises comfortably at 4-6k rpm, goes like the clappers 7k+

Bad points (I must stress these are just minor thimgs for balance, this bike is near perfect):

1. Some vibrations through the hardest section of the seat at just below 5k rpm - Solution: Don't use the hard part of the seat during prolonged periods at the exact rpm that causes the vibrations :lol:

2. Somewhat jerky 2nd gear, I've found that it is better to stay in 1st at lower speeds

2. Screen can't be adjusted without the toolkit which seems an unnecessary faff

I have zero regrets and would 100% re-buy this bike over it's competitors. Feel free to ask any questions!

• Like 1

Lateralus: Pics to follow when I get a decent opportunity, see the challenge thread for previews haha

Hoggs: You wouldn't be jealous of the payments though :D If we ever meet up I promise you can have a go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Payments look alright it's the insurance that kills me :lol:

also as a side note, if the tag isn't accessible by bike it's ok to walk the last bit as long as you promise you did ride as close as possible :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Migrate, got any more pics of your rear end please? Lol. Where did you get the tail tidy?

I got mine from R&G, good solid bit of kit, I couldn't have installed it by myself though, there's some fiddly bits that benefit from an extra pair of hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk