Why are YOU here?

<t>What's important to you when you joined?</t>  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What's important to you when you joined?

• Friendly to newbies.
    • Family oriented.
    • Women members.
    • Bike advice.
    • Learning to ride/support.
    • Chance to meet other bikers.
    • Are admin and started it all

Following from the thread that justa started I thought it might be helpful to understand why we are here.

I looked at various sites, and this was the only family oriented and least judgmental of the ones I looked at.

This was important because I am now riding with my son. So biking is not just about me going out and being a hooligan biking has a new dimension now for me.

The other thing about this site was the friendly approach to newbies to biking. very helpful and again non judgmental.

Finally I liked that there were so many female members. a sure sign the neanderthals havn't taken over.

I have put up a poll as well but its quite limited. I hope it reflects the initial reason for joining this site. I take it as a given that we all appreciate a social belonging we get from this site, and am just interested in the reasons for joining.

I think one thing flows from the other and its just such a wonderful, friendly, supportive site, with plenty of rideouts and events going on. I think the fact that there are so many women on here (think its about 50:50) has a big part to play in the atmosphere of this site and why its so unique

Have voted on the last one, but I too would say the last 3 apply really.

But I agree with chic about the population of the site - friendship, help, humour etc all go towards making it kind of unique. :D

Anything else that comes out of being a member is a bonus!! :wink: :oops:

What's ncp (other than car parks!)

it is what we refer to as the MCN website, which became so naff that everyone abandoned it and joined here instead.

well, nell introduce me to the site a while ago, and like a bad smell ive stuck around :wink:

but in all honesty im only here for the ride outs and generally meeting the rest of this lunatic asylum :D

that and answering insurance questions, :shock: