Yamaha WR125X 2010

JamieK

i owned this bike for 10 months while i was on L-Plates!

Yamaha wr125x

may '10 to march '11 £3899 brand spanker!

good points!

the type of bike! the super moto style made it or me the perfect bike, doing my test on it was great! so easy manoeuvring it! great handling! so much confidence in the corners! plenty of low down go for 125!

bad points!

the price! very expensive even though its a really good bike! top speed! it could apparently do 70mph! in its dreams 65mph on the flat was a reasonable speed sometimes it would do 70 and downhill i had just over 80

yes i would defiantly get another! just if it had my sv's engine it would be near on perfect! :)

other comments;

cant see why you would choose a yzfr125 over one of these! so much better! and look a lot bigger than a 125 should! :)

great bike over all! no problems with mine and it was rode through winter and no real rusting, the old bolt but nothing bad!

would really recommend this bike! its fantastic!

• 2 years later...

I've owned two of these bikes now, my first being a 2010 plate and my current one a 2009 plate.

Well what can I say, if you want a proper sized supermoto then this is the bike for you. They're easily mistaken for a bigger bike especially if you fit an aftermarket exhaust system to them. I'm 5.10 and have to stretch my leg to get over the seat, being so high gives you the advantage of being able to see over the traffic in front of you, this means you can react to what's happening up the road rather than having to slam your brakes on when the car in front does.

These bikes have a lot of torque so you'll get away from the line pretty quickly, as said above you're looking at around high 60's top speed unless you change the front sprocket to a 15 tooth which will give you 75 easily, however you'll lose acceleration so it'll take you longer to get there. If you're not careful and rev the engine too much when pulling away you'll be on your back wheel with the front in the air!!

If your bike doesn't already have knobblies get some on it and go off roading it's the most fun I've had on my bike. It will handle all sorts of terrain and does it effortlessly, you won't be disappointed! On the road the bike can handle itself as well, leaning into corners and over taking are no problem. Fuel wise £8 will last you around 140 miles!

So would I recommend one? Yes!