Yamaha Fazer600 S (2000 W reg)

Burgess118

Cost: £1900

Miles on the clock: 14,000

Where bought: Weatherleys, Harleston, Norfolk (http://www.weatherleysmotorcycles.co.uk/)

Why a Fazer600: Good Value, Good all rounder, Tried and tested pick of the yamaha parts, excellent web reviews

Pros: Mechanically Sound, R1 breaks that work really well, detuned Thundercat engine solid for many many miles, Good MPG- 60 mpg, had no issues with wind bolting me in the face. Quickish 600, Straight inline 4= smooth! Dainty in the bends- really agile my friends all think its easier to dip in bends, Im 6ft 4, 13-14 stone, and i dont feel like a freak! Comfortable ride.

Cons: Downpipes tend to rot, stainless steel replacements dont suit as much as the black 4 into 1. Ive got the original can, and though it doesn't bother me, it does sound like a sowing machine. The fairing does have a bit of an 80s vibe, but still doesn't look bad

Mine: its the red and black colour scheme and the S model, which came after 2000, 2L more fuel tank (20L), pillion set higher, pillon pegs better positioned. Mine looks lovely, when i bought it, in the last 5 years it had 6 services and had only covered 1200 miles... rides like new! No issues have come up.

I must say im so happy that this is the right bike for me. Couldn't have imagined it being any better than it is!

IMAG0444.thumb.jpg.7785f4c6cade8916525014b9c6166344.jpg

IMAG0448.thumb.jpg.cc87ae501b20f886a92a546353212b37.jpg

IMAG0449.thumb.jpg.e4d9bae13ed256c099540fd9348fe9a2.jpg

485739367_IMAG0452(1).thumb.jpg.2ca842c9ce433ab5cc5d506bb28661b6.jpg

I had one, nice bikes. Look out for an issue with the front sprocket coming loose/stripping threads, this was a recall and should have the nut replaced with a thicker one. If it hasn't been done buy it for a few quid and do it yourself as mine had started to go on a 2001 bike. Also rust on the cradle of the frame, get the bubbling paint off, treat and repaint.

I missed last week's issue, ruddy typical! Ill have a scout online, the issues do kick about online for free.

What is that bike, zoomed in can't make a badge out, or recognise the model.

If its a bargain price why not! You should make some $$$$ out of this, you find all the bargains.. and real good bargains at that!