2007 Hyosung GT125R

Takanta

Bought this bike for 900£ after passing my CBT.

To start the bike looked good, most people didnt think it was a 125 and some thought it was acutally a Ducati lol then they seen the L plates. so looks better than most 125s.

It tended to rust quite a bit,paintwork flaked. and finding parts was a nightmare, had to order mirrors etc from korea. then get smacked with customs charges.

Bike was smooth on the road but after 30 mins it got really uncomfortable. however due to the weight of it and being a 125 , max speed I got was about 80 , and then it slowed right down at any form of gradient on the road.

Headlights were rubbish. only good thing was the styling and the digital display.

When it started to get into the colder months the bike didnt want to start.

The neutral sensor eventually went , so I had to wait for the bike to cool down after a ride to start it again. ( had to order new sensor from korea.)

Digital display stopped working. Had to order new one which costed 150 :(

then just before I sold it the bike had a new fault. say you were going 70 on the bypass/motorway, and slowed down to about 50 , the bike would then not go any faster than 50.

to solve this I had to stop turn bike off then start it again when it did this.

overall , I wouldn't advise anyone to buy one. glad I passed my test and got rid of it . Sold it for more than I paid for it.

• 5 months later...

Hi i have recently bought a Hyosung GT125R on 07 plate, i personly love the feel of this bike compared to my written off CBR125. The bike has performed well up to now, and i find it a comfy ride.

as long as you keep the bike polished the paint work stays good.

I'm on a GT125R too. Had it a year and its never missed a beat. I love the styling and find it comfortable even after a few hours in the saddle. Biggest issue has been one corroded connector which I can't really complain too much about as the bike gets used 7 days a week in all weathers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

With a bit of maintenance my hyosung was by far the best bike I've had in my eyes. The build quality was fine, the only thing I wish I changed was the exhaust, the exhausts are cheap and do rot, but everything else was great. It was a small bike with the big bike feel to it.

As for top speed, it's a 125, don't expect too much from it.

I would definitely recommend this bike to anyone, it's a real head turner and decent ride!

• 1 year later...