2011 Speed Triple

nman1

Saturday 3rd September was a day I took the Speed Triple for a test ride and to say it was great is a big understatement. Wethare was great and the roads were dry and I had the bike booked out for an hour.

Firstly the riding position was good, pretty much upright and felt a bit like a traylie. I was warned it was a wheely machine so gentle acceleration was called for and with a bit of leaning froward I managed to pull away from lights and junctions preety quickly but smoothly. The pick up on it was very quick. The engine noise was throaty and sounded great. Cornering was easy as counter steering the more straight bars (as opposed to the ones on my gixer) seemed easier for me (perhaps because of my bad neck and shoulders :( ) I know why its called a speed triple, I took it out onto the Thorney bypass and opened it up. I looked down as was doing a heafty speed without realising. (not given for obvious reasons) I then went onto some fen roads to test the suspension which I must say felt firm but very giving onb the bumpy roads. I took out the non ABS version but the brakes were great, having to do a quick stop due to some knob pulling out in front of me. Think I`ll get the ABS version if I do go down this route

All in all I must say I am very much tempted. The only down point was that it was RED and not black

933794150_Copyof100_0626.thumb.jpg.79fbc2f5908d48809bc0d2bb3ffb5b9f.jpg

151004907_Copyof100_0628.thumb.jpg.1825767dc581ef9efdae1363c0ded461.jpg

2143246314_Copyof100_0627.thumb.jpg.2a5060b54606a7468cf6d70144efcf90.jpg

Nice review Neil.....we'll see you on one up the Marina in a coupla weeks then?

There's not a lot of Red on it anyway.....and put the bl**dy side stand up before you put it into gear... :lol:

Bob

:lol: :lol: I was at the moment in time......posing for the camera. :lol: :lol:

Nice review Neil.....we'll see you on one up the Marina in a coupla weeks then?

There's not a lot of Red on it anyway.....and put the bl**dy side stand up before you put it into gear... :lol:

Bob

:lol: :lol: I was at the moment in time......posing for the camera. :lol: :lol:

Well....you do look good on it Neil......bl**dy poseur...... :lol: :lol: :lol: Not that I'm jealous or anything..... :lol: :lol: :lol: