Due to lack of support the default style on the forum is going to be changing and the current default style will be removed!

For more information see this thread
https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/vie ... =6&t=71349

2013 Triumph Bonneville T100

Forum rules
Please try to cover the areas listed below to give a complete overall review. This information, along with other reviews can inform and guide other members when choosing a motorcycle to purchase. Please remain factual and specific. 'It's shit' isnt adequate!

What model was it?
When did you buy it and how much did it cost?
Good points?
Bad points?
Would you get another?
Any other comments?
Attach a picture if you wish.

REMEMBER - PLEASE USE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR EACH REVIEW!

REPLY TO THREADS ONLY TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM ORIGINAL POSTER.

EVEN IF YOU WANT TO DO A REVIEW THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE... PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD.

THANK YOU
GazzyG
Bike(s): Whatever I can borrow...
Been liked: 14 times

2013 Triumph Bonneville T100

Post by GazzyG » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:16 pm

What model was it?

2013 Triumph Bonneville T100. 865cc, EFI.

When did you buy it and how much did it cost?

Bought from Pidcock Triumph of Long Eaton in Sept, Brand New, for £7k with £1k trade-in for my Thundercat.

Good points?

Looks absolutely stunning. Everyone, even those that don't like bikes, seems to comment on it. Old boys constantly coming up to have a closer look. The T100 spec has the wire-spoked wheels, chromes exhausts etc that make it look like an authentic 60s T120 Bonnie.

865cc Parallel Twin Engine is torquey, which means you can stick it in fifth and leave it for most the time. Doesn't even notice if you have a pillion on the back. Nothing like the arm-ripping acceleration of a sportsbike, but still you will find yourself pulling away from the lights and looking in the mirror to find the cars are 100 yards behind and barely moved...

Upright seating position is very comfortable and relaxed, promoting a nice slow approach to riding that lets you take in the scenery. However, if the mood is upon you, it's a very easy to handle bike with modern tyres that lets you really get down low. I've managed to scrape the pegs more than once in my zeal.

This bike leaves me smiling ear-to-ear on every single ride.

Bad points?

The seat is like sitting on a plank of wood. For short (<one hour) journeys, it's fine, but if you're spending a day in the saddle then you WILL get a numb bum.

The stock exhausts are silent, giving that proper 'sewing' machine whirr noise. Very disappointing. Triumph supply their own optional exhausts called TORs, but they're not very loud either. I went with Norman Hyde TOGAs. They take the sound from non-existent to very loud and throaty, with plenty of popping and banging on the overrun. Just as a British twin should sound.

It's quite heavy to manouever around when you're off the bike. Not a problem if you're sat on the bike, as it's quite low and stable, but when you're alongside it and moving it around your drive, for example, it's far heavier than the equivalent sportsbike.

Fuel tank is a little on the small side. I tend to get around 120miles before the light comes on. The Thundercat would manage 150miles with ease. There's only 1500 on the clock, however, so I expect this might improve a little as things loosen up.

Other than that, can't thing of anything bad to say...

Would you get another?

I'm not intending to part with it. Ever. But if the worst should happen, then yes, I'd consider another. Though the Scrambler and the Thruxton are both beautiful machines, too...

Any other comments?

If you get a chance, take one for a test ride. It's a confidence inspiring, fun bike that will make you smile even riding within the speed limits.
I'm just a man in a silly red sheet.

Add me on Facebook: Gareth K Pengelly

http://www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

Bonniebird
Bike(s): Triumph Bonneville T100
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100

Post by Bonniebird » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Good review!! :D

You are right - they are definitely keepers - that's why I had to buy an extra bike rather than get rid of the Bonnie!

I have a leather gel seat on mine which is very comfortable for long journeys although I didn't suffer that much with the standard seat. I suspect this is because I have my own built-in padding though :oops:
Suus 'non facilis esset virens

Pubs 2/10

Patch652
Bike(s): Zontes panther

Post by Patch652 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks for the review I've been looking at bigger bikes for when I passed my test and that is one that always draws my attention!

GazzyG

Post by GazzyG » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 am

Bonniebird wrote:Good review!! :D

You are right - they are definitely keepers - that's why I had to buy an extra bike rather than get rid of the Bonnie!

I have a leather gel seat on mine which is very comfortable for long journeys although I didn't suffer that much with the standard seat. I suspect this is because I have my own built-in padding though :oops:
Cheers Mandy!

A jelly seat is certainly on my wish list for the Bonnie!

I'm tempted by a fly screen too, but don't know if they make much difference.

GazzyG

Post by GazzyG » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:26 am

Patch652 wrote:Thanks for the review I've been looking at bigger bikes for when I passed my test and that is one that always draws my attention!
No worries, Patch.

And yeah, I'd definitely recommend one for a first big bike.

It's a big engine, but delivers its power in a very non-intimidating way.

Glorian
Bike(s): Yamaha XJ6 N SP
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Glorian » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:55 am

Mmmmmm i drooled a little. Thats a reasonable price! Was looking on triumph's site can get a new thruxton for around 7k, will see in a couple years what i can scrape together :D
I love donuts

Bonniebird
Bike(s): Triumph Bonneville T100
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Bonniebird » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:00 pm

GazzyG wrote:
Bonniebird wrote:Good review!! :D

Cheers Mandy!

A jelly seat is certainly on my wish list for the Bonnie!

I'm tempted by a fly screen too, but don't know if they make much difference.
The fly screen makes a difference at motorway speeds but not noticeable otherwise - It reduces buffeting - wind is directed at you in a steadier stream :lol:

It does collect an huge number of flys too :shock: so the name is appropriate
Suus 'non facilis esset virens

Pubs 2/10

Gautrek
Bike(s): BMW,ural ,2 Panthers
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Gautrek » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 pm

That seat even looks like a plank in the photo mate.
What is it with Triumphs and seats. My mate has a speed triple and he had the seat re foamed and recovered as he said it was too hard. How can a major manufacturer get something like a seat so wrong in this day and age.
1983 R80 BMW
1975 M66 Ural outfit
1937 350cc Red Panther trial bike
1938 350cc Model 85 Redwing Panther

My forum for Russian bikes
http://www.russianbike.co.uk/

Return to “Triumph Reviews”