Wanted - motorbike satnav

Have read and will continue to read up on the various models out there, but anyone wanting to sell their motorbike satnav?

Ideally wanting one with a powered mount, Bluetooth/phone pairing and the ability to play music (presumably from the phone). Needs to have European mapping too.

I have the tomtom 410. The lack of music support was disappointing but due to my Bluetooth on my lid being able to connect to 2 devices it wasn't a problem. I'm not sure if it's the nav or my src pro, but the call audio quality was terrible.

So I bought a cheap android pay as you go phone for £23 and use that for data for the tomtom. I then can have my normal phone connected to my helmet for calls and music. The nav then connects to my helmet on it's second channel.

I've had a Garmin Zumo for over 6 years. Great pieces of kit even if the initial outlay is high... they're really well built. over-engineered. As an example.. First year I didnt lock it into its mount properly and it flew off at 60mph+ and was promptly run over by a TRX850. the only damage was a bit of rubbing to the plastic case!!

I use mine completely silently.. that suits me. I neither want music or a voice.

They all come with Lifetime maps now... and western european mapping. and are way ahead of my antique in terms of 'user friendliness' improved functionality. Second hand.. best to watch ebay. people buy new bikes and sometimes they come with a GPS.. so they sell it, or their old unit.

But.. I would suggest you bite the bullet and buy a current one... oldest is now the 345 which you can get for under £300 from Amazon. obviously it will come with all the fittings... in the RAM standard.. so tweaking it for your bike is a breeze. you'll also get a warranty. Important if theres a problem with it before you go. you can get a replacement. (unlikely.. but worth having)

top of the ranges is the 595.. £499 on Amazon. This would be my choice.

you could also set up a search on eBay and wait and see what appears

Tomtom Rider 410 - Yours for £540

:thumb:

It's under £300 new! :booty:

It would have to be one of the latest garmin as the tomtom's don't support music.

Ta, need to look into that more then.

Less than £200 with the discount - I'll sell for £540, buy a new one and have a damn good holiday! :cheers:

I have the Garmin zumo 590 yes its expensive and there has been a lot of issues with the batteries on these and same as the 595 seen as though it is the same unit just slightly different software!

Most people where getting minutes rather than hours out of the battery and sometimes nothing at all!

I figured out that its a bad connection on the battery pins and adjusting them slightly for a better connection works wonders I went from 10 mins on battery to 3.5 hours :shock:

apart from that the zumo is spot on although I do prefer the routing of tomtom!

They are good quality and IMO worth every penny! my last bike sat nav lasted 8 or 9 years before I replaced it and I still sold it working :shock:

One thing to be aware of is the bluetooth doesn't like sena headsets! some work some don't! I think it depends on the model