For sale: Suzuki GN125

2006 42,000 odd km, red, MOT until mid September.

After looking for a year I've finally found the 80's 2 stroke for me so my trusty GN is up for sale.

I'm mature (55) so haven't thrashed the bike, not that there's much point in thrashing a GN. I've owned the bike for just over 6 years, it's been my only transport. In this time the only problem I've had was 4 years ago when a nasty top end noise developed. The bike shop replaced a worn rocker arm at no great cost. Since then it's had a slight 'tappety' noise. I've been told that a tappety engine is a happy engine. Maybe adjusting the valve clearances might solve this but 25,000 km on, it's doing fine.

Negatives:

The speedo doesn't work properly. These turn up from time to time on Ebay, 20 to 30 quid.

There's some slight pitting to various bits of chrome. There's some rust around the exhaust rear bracket and the back of the rear carrier.

There are 2 very small dings on the tank which you can find, if you look very closely.

A little petrol exits the carb overflow pipe if you store the bike with the petrol tap on. None comes out if you turn it off.

The gear position indicator sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. Probably a loose connection but let's say it doesn't work.

Positives:

Recently facelifted with new mirrors, side panels, seat and rear shocks. The new shocks are firmer than previous as is the seat. This gives, in my opinion, a much nicer ride as previously it was a bit squashy and uncomfortable, if you went more than a few miles.

Oil and filter changed every 1,500 miles since I've owned it.

Both tyres new September 16.

The Givi top box that's fitted is included in the sale.

Overall the bike looks very nice for its age and even gains appreciative words from others which is quite surprising, as these bikes are nothing special.

Other than what I've mentioned everything works as it should.

I don't have the time or inclination to ask a cheeky price then reject a series of cheeky offers. It's a firm £650, no offers thanks. I think it's worth more, you might think it's worth less, that's fine, that's the price.

The bike will be available in about 10 days, when I pick up my stroker. I'm in south Cheshire now, the bike will be stored near Stockport when I get my new bike.

I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology but if anyone wants a picture or two I can probably manage to send some to your email.

Thanks for looking, happy to answer any questions.