FOR SALE - GPX 600 breaking for parts

Hi Guys,

I was given (most of) a Kawasaki GPX 600 by a mate who was looking to clear his garage. The bike has been partly disassembled to fix a leaky sump but rather than restore the bike I've decided to sell it for parts to help fund my direct access course and get me on the road quicker. I'm told that this is a reasonably rare bike as they were only made for a few years (you'll all probably be able to tell me how true that is)? The fairings are white and all parts are original. I'm happy to post pictures of any parts as requested.

I'm not looking to get rich from this, just help fund my bike training so am open to offers on all parts (or even the whole lot) and I believe the only part that has any issues is the leaky sump.

• 4 months later...

Hello all.

Sorry for the very long hiatus. I've been busy with work so until recently haven't had time to get anything done.

To answer a few questions..

• I'm based in York but am happy to meet 1/2 way at weekends / evenings if it's too far for people to travel.. And of course there's always parcel force etc..

• The bike was originally registered in Poland and I have the polish registration documents.

• I've started stripping the bike this past week and am hoping to start getting parts cleaned up and photographed this weekend. As soon as I have some images i'll get them posted up.

Parts that I know I have which are complete and working are:

• wheels

• clocks (showing about 20k)

• clock mounting frame

• forks (will probably need servicing)

• both front brake callipers

• headlight

• headlight faring

• front left faring

• seats (no rips or tears)

• carbs (will probably need servicing)

• 4 into 2 exhaust

• tank

• rear faring (has cracks but is complete)

• rear brake calliper

• front left indicator (complete unit)

• rear shock

• rear swingarm

• frame

• number of ancillaries such as coolant tank, side stand sensor etc..

I also have the engine and gearbox complete which I'm told ran when it was originally taken out of the frame but has a slight oil leak (the reason it was taken out of the frame).

I'll do my best to get some pictures listed as soon as I can but if anyone is interested in any parts please feel free to give me a shout. please use the PM function :mrgreen:

[mention]bigdave[/mention]

Best to delete phone and email and use PM's. My be a mod could do this. [mention]Hoggs[/mention] [mention]rennie[/mention] [mention]Tango[/mention] [mention]Stu[/mention]