For Sale: Kawasaki KLX250

Righto, America time is getting awfully close now so I'm going to have to sell the KLX :cry:

Here's the bike:

file.php?id=14057&mode=viewfile.php?id=14166&t=1

(I'll post some fresh shots once I've taken the stickers and the flag holder off :wink: )

Here's the review thread that tells you almost everything you could need to know about it:

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=60465

In short... it's got better suspension than a CRF250L, it's got more efficient cooling than a CRF250L, weighs less than a CRF250L, and looks one hell of a lot better too... so if you want to get into green laning, or something that you can flick around town and small roads like an absolute nutter, or just something hard as nails to ride on the crappier days, this is the one to get! :D

Key stuff

Mileage: Just ticked past 6,666 - will go up a little as I'm still using it for the rest of this week, but not by much. After that I'll be switching to the CG. Almost all miles have been done on road, and with limited motorway use so it hasn't been run too hard.

Condition: Bike is in really good nick, love the thing to bits so I've kept it clean and ACF50'ed. Only ever had some minor spills in mud, with no damage inflicted. Lens of rear right indicator is loose and aftermarket bar end on right grip is scratched thanks to being knocked over in a car park, no other damage.

Run in procedure was followed to the letter (after much debate on here :lol: ) and servicing is 100% up to date and has all been carried out at the original dealer (Colchester Kwak), got it logged on the little USB stick thingie they use too. Tyres are fairly new on, front having done less that 1,000 miles.

Other bits:

Bike has aftermarket exhaust (Delkevic), seat cover, screen, knuckle guards (Acerbis), bars (Renthal), folding mirrors, and the optional Kawasaki sump guard. I've still got all of the original parts, which are all in perfect condition. Plus, I've got a crapload of tools that I can't bring with me... might be possible to included some of them in the price if interested. And let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about the bike!

Price:

Asking price is £3000, open to offers but I'll only consider the sensible ones :mrgreen:

Also of note: Don't be put off by the seat height, the suspension has one hell of a lot of travel in it so the bike sits down a whole lot once you get some weight on the seat. Even [mention]tsurugi-ijin[/mention] has managed to get on the bike without help, despite being easily a foot shorter than me. Combined with how light the bike is, it's very manageable and confidence inspiring. Just don't get too confident until the test ride is over and we've done the paperwork :wink:

Is that what you have just taken in P/X for your bike :shock:

No Stu , that one fell out of Glorians top box on Hoggs ride out I went on , it bounced off the road.. hit me on the forehead and some how came to rest in my rucksak , so I just kept it .

No Stu , that one fell out of Glorians top box on Hoggs ride out I went on , it bounced off the road.. hit me on the forehead and some how came to rest in my rucksak , so I just kept it .

In your rucksack?? Would have thought you might consider the more obvious storage solution for it. You know the one not far from your ballsack, south of the rucksack.

In your rucksack?? Would have thought you might consider the more obvious storage solution for it. You know the one not far from your ballsack, south of the rucksack.

:shock: :shock: I'm not into Valentino Rossi sculbuggery.