Wanted: Motorcycle Hire For Module 1

Hello, I am looking to get my module 1 done sooner rather than later and I am looking to hire a motorcycle to do this on.

As I am doing the unrestricted one, it would have to be a 600cc+. I would prefer to do this on something lighter.

I am open to the price for the hire and making a reasonable deposit.

I am located in the London area.

Thanks!

Dont any of your local training schools provide bikes for training and the test?

They do, but they do it in a manner where it isn't viable for me.

Some of them are only willing to offer it in a package where module 1 and module 2 training are done at the same time. Others are booked quite far in advanced and don't have anything coming up soon.

The module 1 test looks simple enough (I've looked at a few videos on line and read several testimonies). Back where I lived before coming here, I had completed a similar test and passed it with ease. So I want to get this out of the way as soon as I can so that I can focus on module 2. I'd rather not have module 1 lingering over me any longer.

Having not had to take the newer tests, isn't mod 1 the one that is trickier?

Frankly I don't see anyone loaning a bike to anyone without a license and insurance would be ridiculous too I'd expect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Having not had to take the newer tests, isn't mod 1 the one that is trickier?

Frankly I don't see anyone loaning a bike to anyone without a license and insurance would be ridiculous too I'd expect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's pretty easy to drop a bike on Mod 1, lots of slow turning manoeuvres.

You can have my XJ900 for £850.

For that I'll throw in the fork seal/bush kit (that I still haven't fitted to get a MOT).

It comes with panniers that will be useful for storing your pass certificate and petrol receipts. It also has two wheels, two tyres (one of which is almost a shit hot racing slick, that'll impress the ladies), and a seat.

I'm open to offers - as long as that offer includes £850 in real British monies.

As much as I want to fill up my imaginary garage, I am moving about too much, so I reliably bring around more than a single motorcycle (even finding storage / parking for the one is enough of a hassle).

Probably won't be looking for a second bike until next season.

I get the concern about the mod 1 test being prone to motorycles getting dropped which is why I offer a deposit. I hoped my years of experience and deposit would help out here.

I've never heard of any company hiring out bikes for Mod 1; I guess most of the demand is already taken care of by the training schools.

According to this thread from another forum you can do the test on a bike you've borrowed from a mate, but they would need to ride the bike to and from the test centre for you (as your licence doesn't allow you to ride a 600 on the road, not even with L plates). And this is a bit perverse, but you'd also need to need to have insurance to ride the bike on the road (even though your licence doesn't let you). So it's all a bit complicated and probably expensive too by the time you've coughed up for the insurance. If it were me I'd be phoning round the training schools and trying to find the one that has the earliest slot available. The schools that know what they're doing phone the test centres regularly to book up cancellation slots, and they can often arrange a test the same week.

You can have my XJ900 for £850.

For that I'll throw in the fork seal/bush kit (that I still haven't fitted to get a MOT).

It comes with panniers that will be useful for storing your pass certificate and [strikeout]petrol[/strikeout] Diesel receipts. It also has two wheels, two tyres (one of which is almost a shit hot racing slick, that'll impress the ladies), and a seat.

I'm open to offers - as long as that offer includes £850 in real British monies.

Fixed it for you.

I've never heard of any company hiring out bikes for Mod 1; I guess most of the demand is already taken care of by the training schools.

According to this thread from another forum you can do the test on a bike you've borrowed from a mate, but they would need to ride the bike to and from the test centre for you (as your licence doesn't allow you to ride a 600 on the road, not even with L plates). And this is a bit perverse, but you'd also need to need to have insurance to ride the bike on the road (even though your licence doesn't let you). So it's all a bit complicated and probably expensive too by the time you've coughed up for the insurance. If it were me I'd be phoning round the training schools and trying to find the one that has the earliest slot available. The schools that know what they're doing phone the test centres regularly to book up cancellation slots, and they can often arrange a test the same week.

I have two training schools in mind right now.

I passed the theory test early on Saturday and by the time I got home, a lot of the training schools had closed. I had managed to speak with a few of them and there ended up being two of interest. It looks like this is the route I am headed for. I thought I'd try an alternative with some time on my side before confirming anything with a training school.

I appreciate your advice here on finding a training school that can book this as early as possible. I will probably shop around beyond the two I had in mind.

I appreciate your advice here on finding a training school that can book this as early as possible. I will probably shop around beyond the two I had in mind.

Sounds like a good plan :thumb:. When you phone,ask them if they're able to get cancellation slots.

Keep checking with the training schools regularly. The schools book all their slots in advance via the website. The bigger the school the more slots they can book. They can cancel the slots up to 5 days before the test date.

Therefore most schools will cancel any unused test dates 5/6 days before the date so they don't lose money.

The training school I used early this year explained this as I needed to arrange my mod 2 test around my shift work. I gave them a list of suitable dates/times and they kept an eye on cancellation slots and booked me in as soon as one became available. Only took a few days in the end.

If possible give the chosen school(s) a list of dates and ask them to keep you updated.