02 Ducati Monster S4 in Red regEF02ZKJwanted

Hi all,

I know the title seems VERY specific and it is for a good reason. I am try and find my late fathers old motorbike. I was reminded of it a little while ago in conversation with someone. The memories came flooding back, the trips we took on it, they were some great times, so I am looking for it to bring it back into the family.

The reg is EF02 ZKJ.

The outcome that I am hoping for is to find out where it is, if it is for sale currently, if not, get in touch with the owner to say "give me a ring if you want to sell it".

I hope someone can help

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Hi, just a quick update (over 1 year on). After contacting Ace Motorcycles in Bude (calls and emails) they've not been helpful. Bude is a good 5hrs drive from me otherwise I'd have popped in to speak to them face to face. Anyway, Ive been checking and the bike is now SORN.

I'm not sure where to go from here, keep watching the classifieds? Unless anyone has any other suggestions? So close yet so far.

Thanks all.

I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that you can register yourself withe dvla and "buy" registered keepers details for a small fee.

Private car park companies like parking eye do it, but not sure how a private individual goes about the process.

Good luck dude

I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that you can register yourself withe dvla and "buy" registered keepers details for a small fee.

Private car park companies like parking eye do it, but not sure how a private individual goes about the process.

Good luck dude

Good Luck indeed CTR, really hoping for good news in the months/years to come!!

I'm not confident that you can pay DVLA to obtain registered owner details as would that not breach GDPR, without consent from the owner that is? :?

Good luck dude

Good Luck indeed CTR, really hoping for good news in the months/years to come!!

I'm not confident that you can pay DVLA to obtain registered owner details as would that not breach GDPR, without consent from the owner that is? :?

That's a good point, and I'm not well versed in gdpr laws.

I do know that most if not all gdpr rules only apply to corporations, organisations and public bodies - not private individuals.

I also know that dvla do sell keepers info.

The whole licensing/registration thing is something of a grey area - vehicle registrations are technically "owned" by dvla and are loaned/hired/licenced to each vehicle. Driving licences are similar - we don't own them as such, we pay for a licence to drive/ride on public roads.

So the keeper information belongs to dvla to do with as they see fit (within the law). And given the mercenary money-grubbing nature of any government department, if they can make a few quid from selling info then why not do it.

If you think about it, it's 50% taxation/revenue, 50% big brother keeping tabs on who does what, where,when & how.

This is the DVLA form you need to apply for the details - it gives the “valid” reasons you need to be able to make the request. You may have a good case as it was your fathers. Good luck if you try.

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

Thanks for the replies.

I've setup notifications for the search term "Ducati Monster" on https://www.newsnow.co.uk/classifieds/cars-vans-for-sale/ it's great website!

I contacted the DVLA previously and they said it wasn't a valid reason for obtaining their address. I might just send the V888 form to the DVLA and see if they want my £2.50 or not :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a quick update (over 1 year on). After contacting Ace Motorcycles in Bude (calls and emails) they've not been helpful. Bude is a good 5hrs drive from me otherwise I'd have popped in to speak to them face to face. Anyway, Ive been checking and the bike is now SORN.

I'm not sure where to go from here, keep watching the classifieds? Unless anyone has any other suggestions? So close yet so far.

Thanks all.

DVLA wont give it up.

If you've narrowed the location down to bude then I'd join facebook groups for the area and ask.

• 2 months later...