Delete please

Hi there!

On the hunt for some textile trousers and a jacket suitable for a lady rider, UK size 8 or 10.

If that's not an easy find will consider leather/mix material items too!

Thanks all! :thumb:

Edited by elizabethf

Hi there!

On the hunt for some textile trousers and a jacket suitable for a lady rider, UK size 8 or 10.

If that's not an easy find will consider leather/mix material items too!

Thanks all! :thumb:

Hi. Nope that won’t be easy to find! Maybe consider making the trip to your nearest j and s accessories. They carry a reasonable amount of women’s gear at mostly sensible prices. Have a look at their website (they display what stock is available at what store) and if the one you fancy isnt available you could order it into the store to try on at the time and get refund straight away if turns out you don’t like it after all.

Trying on is useful because fit is important, you don’t want something too baggy beacause it won’t stay in place if you come off and there’s the placement of the armour to consider- does it fit well over the part it’s supposed to protect and is it going to be comfortable in a riding position, plus do you like it because if you don’t it won’t be long before you’re looking for another jacket which can be a bit of a false economy. You might also want to think about how many seasons the jacket will do you for-removable thermal liners, do you want to fit a jumper underneath, are there vents etc. The temperature span you’ll be wanting to cover to be able to ride comfortably for longer is quite large.

Lastly if you find the jacket/trousers and you’re in the store spend some of your phones data allowance googling that specific jacket because sometimes someone’s selling precisiely what you want a lot cheaper. I picked up a jacket I have that was £120 in the store for £60 from eBay brand new and I preferred the colours! Hope that helps.

I'll have a look through what I've got, I have a heingerick 2-peice leather/textile mix set. I think they are maybe a size 14 though so probably too big.

I've still got these gloves for sale too if you are interested. (Open to offers)

Thanks for the help! Yes so far finding items in second hand so small, even new, hasnt been easy!! i guess once you find it you dont let it go!

My old boss was a biker and she was a size 6 and now i think of it i remember her finding it reallllly hard too!

The only thing that was easy to find in shop sales was helmets - XS lid isnt a popular size! :lol:

If it comes to it and you need to buy new, I really rate the jofama/linstrands/halvarssons kit. I buy it because of the sheer number of different sizes they come in. So no matter your shape, they tend to have a size that will fit. They have also proved to be excellent value for money. I spent £200 on textile jacket and trousers and neither of them have let in rain or had zips fail in the nearly 3 years I have had them

Oxford leggings are my new favourite biker thing. They are just soooooooo comfortable :lol: Currently on offer too!

They are thicker than normal leggings, but still super comfy :thumb:

Checked my hengerik stuff. It's marked as a 16 but I'd say it's a small 14 realistically. (I'm a 16 now and it barely fitted me when I was a 12-14 years ago) probably too big for you regardless!

Sizing in women's stuff is nuts. My good lady is 8-10, some stuff she has tried is spot on other stuff is up to a 16 and still doesn't fit well. I get the impression manufacturers make a women's range but make no effort to cut them well.

I'm sure [mention]Arwen[/mention] is spot on with the Oxford leggings. My partner has the moto girl leggings and loves them, excellent fit and very comfortable, the Oxford ones look very similar. Bolidster jeans are also very good. Not cheap but just like a normal pair of really nice jeans and very good fit.

Sizing in women's stuff is nuts. My good lady is 8-10, some stuff she has tried is spot on other stuff is up to a 16 and still doesn't fit well. I get the impression manufacturers make a women's range but make no effort to cut them well.

I'm sure @Arwen is spot on with the Oxford leggings. My partner has the moto girl leggings and loves them, excellent fit and very comfortable, the Oxford ones look very similar. Bolidster jeans are also very good. Not cheap but just like a normal pair of really nice jeans and very good fit.

Decided to sell my other trousers on and go for leggings instead, they at least come in short person size and look like they have better give due to being leggings!

Edited by elizabethf

Liked the Bolidster jeans but cant see how you can buy them. It says about an eshop with no links. Maybe not up and running yet?

I have Hood cargo pants and they’re pretty good.

https://www.bolidster.com/ridesters-en/

Not the best website. you have to go to lookbook first, the link should get you there I think

Thanks for that, I missed it doh

revit orlando trousers ... as good as new

size w26 ( approx uk10)

£45 inc p&p

20180716_164024.jpg20180716_164013.jpg20180716_163958.jpg

Says I dont have permission to view the images? But I have ordered the Kevlar leggings now so fingers crossed those are a good fit.

size w26 ( approx uk10)

£45 inc p&p

Says I dont have permission to view the images? But I have ordered the Kevlar leggings now so fingers crossed those are a good fit.

Don't know why you can't view the images......sounds like one for [mention]Stu[/mention] ...... :?

size w26 ( approx uk10)

£45 inc p&p

Don't know why you can't view the images......sounds like one for Stu ...... :?

I can see no reason why you can't see the images [mention]elizabethf[/mention] :?