For Sale - Honda Blackbird CBR1100xx 2003

This is my 2003 Fuel-Injected CBR1100XX Honda Blackbird. I bought the bike as a commuter in the summer and spent a bit of money on bringing the sub-parr bits up to scratch and it's generally a pretty good bike, mechanically excellent with poor bodywork. I have a new bike so I'm selling this bike. The bike has just shy of 50,000 miles on it.

Good points...

- Refurbished forks with brand new seals, bushes and oil

- New hyperpro fork springs and rear spring, rear shock shim raises the rear by 6mm and front lowered on the forks by 10mm. Handles very very well compared to when I got it.

- New radiator and complete flush of system and replacement of coolant

- New brake discs all round (front and back) and new EBC HH sintered pads

- Brakes delinked with an EBC delink kit. This makes the brakes work like a 'normal' bike and also makes bleeding the brakes much simpler

- New heavy duty x-ring did chain and sprocket kit fitted

- New front Bridgestone BT-023F to match good rear

- New levers as the adjusters didn't work on the old ones

- New cover screws for the brake and clutch reservoirs to replace chewed old ones

- HID low beam front light

- Voltmeter fitted

- MOT until 16 July 2019

- New Givi rack, no top box included.

Bad points...

- The bodywork is a mix and match of original and replacement panels. There's marks on all of them. There are cracks on the tail unit. They is a piece missing for some reason on the right hand side main panel requiring a washer to hold that bit in place. The screen has been painted to cover the horrible mirror finish that was scratched. The bike looks best at a distance.

Basically, cosmetic issues not withstanding this bike goes like a train, handles far better than most blackbirds and stops extremely well.

This bike was originally listed with an electrical fault. Following advice I diagnosed this an a problem with the common ground block (common problem). I have replaced this block with a better solution and the bike is ready to go.

If you buy this bike you've got yourself a superb winter bike.

This is a video of the engine running that also shows you the bodywork...

">

If you have any questions please ask.

I'd consider a DRZ400 (not an SM) in exchange somehow but if we do that and you come to my house and my wife is there, you'll have to back me up that it was your idea, not mine and I've definitely accepted it because it's easier to sell on and not because I made a mistake selling my TTR250 and I'm probably going to keep it.

I'm looking for £2000 for the bike.

Cheers,

Mark

.......but if we do that and you come to my house and my wife is there, you'll have to back me up that it was your idea, not mine and I've definitely accepted it because it's easier to sell on and not because I made a mistake selling my TTR250 and I'm probably going to keep it..........

Bloody Hell, I thought that I was the only one who has to justify the purchase of "necessities".....but I've not yet had to involve patsies......but it does sound like a good idea!

Previously, I have placed a degree of reliance on the "well do what you bloody well want" strategy, but this is better. Far better. Spreads the [strikeout]blame[/strikeout] love, as it were.....Nothing wrong with a bit of backup. :thumb:

Taking the phrase 'do you you bloody well want' at face value never ends well in my experience. I'm always on the look out for new loop holes though and the best one recently was 'why do you keep buying old bikes that require so much work?' pretty much opened the door to buying my relatively new KTM. Chicken dinner.

• 1 month later...