sym jet 100 eurox ★★☆☆☆

Forum rules
Please try to cover the areas listed below to give a complete overall review. This information, along with other reviews can inform and guide other members when choosing a motorcycle to purchase. Please remain factual and specific. 'It's shit' isnt adequate!

What model was it?
When did you buy it and how much did it cost?
Good points?
Bad points?
Would you get another?
Any other comments?
Attach a picture if you wish.

REMEMBER - PLEASE USE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR EACH REVIEW!

REPLY TO THREADS ONLY TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM ORIGINAL POSTER.

EVEN IF YOU WANT TO DO A REVIEW THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE... PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD.

THANK YOU
mealexme
Bike(s): 2008 Honda CBR600rr
Been liked: 11 times

sym jet 100 eurox ★★☆☆☆

Post by mealexme » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Make/Model: Sym Jet eurox 100 (scooter)

cost: £650 2nd hand

Good points
Good sized under seat storage. Not enough for a helmet as it claims though
Good to throw around
Easy to use twist and go
kept up with the (slower) traffic
Great acceleration (up to about 30) due to having no gears to have to change

Bad points
well, its a 100cc 2-stroke scooter, so relies on 2stroke oil aswell as petrol which is a pain when you fill up and it had a top speed of 60mph on a steep downhill. Never comfortable enough to use it on the duel carriageway
Mine had a faulty clock and the spedo didnt work when I bought it. (both the garage fixed for free) the clutch then went which cost me £200, bulbs blew, starter button stopped working so had to be kick started most days and the lock on the seat broke in the year I had it. (then some scumbags broke the steering lock, and then the week after I got a rear puncture and the garage wouldnt take the rear when off and neither me nor my neighbor could get it off, even with most of a tin of WD-40 over several days and his full weight on it, but thats another story)

Would I get another?
Only if i lived and worked in a major city with no possibility of doing over 40mph due to good acceleration and cuck-around-ability (yes its a real word)

Other comments
Due to personal experiences, I wouldnt reccomend it.

YouTube page - http://www.youtube.com/user/britishmotovlogger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Sym reviews”