Shoei Raid II

Susieque

Price: £250

When bought: Approx 3 years ago

Good points: Excellent fit, even though it's been used for a good while. The design of the padding inside accommodates specs easily. IMO not overly noisy but I don't have much experience of other helmets. Several different vent thingys on it but I haven't really bothered to find out which one does what! Comes with anti fog insert (never used it though) and carrying bag. And it's pretty!!

Bad points: The D ring fastening is a bit fiddly - I'd rather it had the clip fastening so that you can do it up with gloves on. Visor is a bit stiff to lift up & down.

I've never tried to remove the visor so no idea if it's easy to do or not.

958331718_shoei_raid_2_vogue_tc5_blacksmall.jpg.b08984d13c5b8e4a496612cb9506557c.jpg

Sue, I got the same one here. Visor is the easiest thing ever to do, the two clips at either side of the visor, you just pull them down at the same time and it pops out.

You can also adjust the stiffness of the visor quite easily too. Find the manual, it explains everything in there. It's simple to do.

Guest philgale

Got the same lid so might as well just add to this

Price: about £175 from NEC show

When bought: About 3 years ago i think

Good points: Pretty much everything, very comfy for me, really quiet, visor is the easiest thing in the world to change and unlike sue i would only have the DD strap as its safer and is easy enough to use, just get into the routine of putting lid on before gloves. Padding doesnt give loads either so its still fits really nice.

Bad points: Cant think of any

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99 ... C_6664.jpg