Arai RX7 Corsair

Arai RX7 Corsair

Bought for £350 (in sale should have been £500) in 2005

Good points: Fits lovely, feels so comfortable.

Bad points: I cannot for the life of me work the arai visor removal system! The only time the visor was removed was either in a bike shop or at the arai stand at the MCN Live events. It is a right royal pain in the arse!!! I think the problem is that im too gentle with it, you have to be firm and rough... just not my style! When I tried to be rough with it a broke the side pod and had to buy another at £25!!!

Another bad point is that it is noisy... but I wear earplugs (as we all should) so thats not a problem. However, the whistling caused by having the visor open can be heard through ear plugs. I mentioned this noise to the Arai man, and he said its a race helmet and racers dont race with their visor open.. that was me told then!!

Overall: For comfort I would buy another, but I will try on others first, as I may be able to get a better helmet for a lot less money!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG7eD6G4cRNkCmxTEXNtH9RP-0lq6xX5fHwqp6XogEa3gM_or9