Bell M1 Tracker

I bought this one at the BMF show this year for £120 - The normal price is around the £150-£160 mark so it is mid priced one.

The criteria I was looking for particularly were

Good fit (obviously this is going to be a very individual thing)

Weight (my Shoei Duotec felt particularly heavy after a while)

D-ring fastening or similar (with a clip one I find the fit loosens over time and you only tend to notice when you hit the motorway and it gets wrenched backwards)

Visibility

I've been really pleased with this lid so far. I have quite a few problems finding helmets that fit well. I was looking at the Shark lids but the Small was too big and the XS gave me an instant headache. I have a similar problem with a lot of makes which is why I've had two Shoeis so far.

The helmet is extremely light and comfortable for long periods of time. We did a 225mile round trip last weekend with a fair few slow bits, stopping off etc.. so I spent at least 5 hours wearing it and had no problems with it becoming uncomfortable.

The fastening does not appear to loosen with wear

Visibility is one of its best features. It has very wide peripheral vision so is great for motorway/dual carriageway lifesavers and generally feels very non-claustrophobic. It also has good ventilation so is not prone to misting up which was a real problem with my previous lid.

It has a 5 star Sharp safety rating and rated for track use (if you need that)

I would have liked a drop down sun visor which was why I was looking at the Sharks but it wasn't enough to put me off the lid. It makes a weird noise when you turn you head for a lifesaver and generally isn't particularly quiet but not as noisy as the duotech

All in all, highly recommended

Bell_Tracker.jpg.8d0a0602dd86511ef5bf6c7873f6bc72.jpg