HJC IS-17 - Lorenzo black

Make: HJC

Model: IS-17

Decal: Lorenzo 99, Angel & Demon, base black

Weight: 1450g

Price: £170

Features:

- pinlock anti-fog visor with one spare (double glazing :shock:); removable for cleaning

- spring-loaded lock/lever to open visor

- air inlet at chin (stepless) and on top (2 steps)

- rear exhausts (they really call it that lol... creates a nice airflow within the lid when inlets are open)

- integrated sun visor, removable for cleaning

- removable and washable liner

- double D-ring straps

- breath deflector

- ACU Gold approved

I picked the helmet essentially because it just fit perfectly, snug yet comfortable. No pressure points anywhere, not even on the forehead.

The helmet is surprisingly quiet and the vents and visors (sunvisor included) are easy to operate with gloves. I also like that the lowest opened setting of the visor is barely open at all. It lets in more air, but the gap isn't big enough for suicidal insects to find their way in. It stays in that position [strikeout]beyond[/strikeout] at 70mph without being closed by the wind.

How waterproof it is, I haven't been able to test sufficiently yet. Two short downpours didn't cause any issues, neither with water getting in, nor with misty visor.

The only downside I have found so far are the flimsy plastic knobs which are supposed to hold the liner in place. They don't look like they can cope with too many liner replacement cycles.