Shoei nxr

GazW

Just bought one of these in matt black for £380.

It came with a free 'race' visor.

I have come from a previous shoei albeit a much older one.

I have a shoei shaped head, all the other major brands I've tried on don't fit anywhere near as well.

On to the lid.

It came in matt black, it's an extra £90 for graphics, and I can't justify that. They both look the same from the inside.

It's light, extremely comfortable, and incredibly quiet. I have never experienced a helmet like it, I thought my last one was good. There's no buffeting regardless of what angle your head is at. Comes with a pinlock.

The lining is fully removeable with cut outs for earpieces if you require, vents are all easily accessible and the visor seats home with a satisfying click.

I'd go as far as to say its quieter without ear plugs than other helmets I've tried with earplugs, mainly the airoh I bought for the internal visor.

Quality lid and I'm made up with it.

I'm a Shoei guy too - can't remember the model but it's white with blue and green bits. :-)

They're the best lid for my money.

Did you get one of those neck wind deflectors - the thing that looks like a beard?

I'm a Shoei guy too - can't remember the model but it's white with blue and green bits. :-)

They're the best lid for my money.

Did you get one of those neck wind deflectors - the thing that looks like a beard?

It just came with a chin skirt. Bit of a sod to get in, didn't want to force it.

Never cleaned my helmet after a ride before. I can sense OCD kicking in, I'll be the one in my tent at the rally cleaning my helmet for three hours.

No way that can't sound dodgy