Alpinestars 365 gore-tex

dimmers

Alpinestars 365 gore-tex gloves

Now i've always been a bit of a bargain hunter when it comes to motorcycle clothing, and good value for money is something i always strive for (hence why i

really like the RST range), but i've been wanting a good pair of gloves for a while now, and some that i can wear most of the year round, have good protection and

are waterproof. Although i love my hein gerick lobster style gloves, they have hardly any protection on them and it's always been a bit of a worry for me.

So, i decided to splash out and buy a pair of gloves i've had my eye on for a long time now. The Alpinestars 365 gore-tex gloves (in red).

First impressions so far, they fit so well, albeit a little tight at the moment but i'm sure they will break in. If you like to wear a silk inner glove then i'd

recommend going up 1 size, as they do come up quite tight.

This is the first time i've worn a glove where the cuff and wrist adjustments actually do what they're supposed to do, keep the glove firmly attached to your hand in the

event of an off. Most of the other gloves i've tried, even if they fit well in the hand/fingers, have such large wrist straps that i can still pull the glove off when

everything is done up (not good!).

Protection looks really good, with knuckle protection and the pinky finger attached to the third finger, double layered leather in all the right places, additional foam

padding in the impact areas, and the whole glove is full leather.

Waterproofing, Gore-Tex liner, need i say more. I've not tested them yet, but i own other gore-tex products and i know it works very well. The slight difference with this

glove is that the gore-tex is the xtrafit technology, so there is no gap between the gore-tex liner and the outer glove, something that gives the glove more feel and stops any water getting in between the gore-tex liner and the outer leather.

Anyway, i'm really pleased with these gloves, and the added bonus is that as the red colour is now discontinued there is limited stock available on the internet for reduced prices. I got mine for 119 (reduced from 169) and there are a few other websites selling the red and blue versions of this glove for 99 quid!

I'll get some pics uploaded when i get a chance, but there's plenty of pics/ other reviews on the net.

Cheers

I have been using these fir a couple of years now. They are still waterproof. Despite the name 365, you can't wear them all year round as in the winter they need a pair of inner gloves. However . They still get 9 out of 10 from me as they are not much colder than my "proper" winter gloves but they are much much thinner and comfier.

I also own alpine stars gp pro race gloves but these hardly ever get worn now due to tube 365's being so good.

and the best bit?? i only paid £42 for them 8-)

i got them from HG's clearance shop on ebay. they had one small tear on a seem on the back of the hand. it cost me about 1hour of my time, a needle and thread and a scrap of leather to complete the near invisible repair.

and the best bit?? i only paid £42 for them 8-)

i got them from HG's clearance shop on ebay. they had one small tear on a seem on the back of the hand. it cost me about 1hour of my time, a needle and thread and a scrap of leather to complete the near invisible repair.

bargain! glad to hear good things from other people about them. That's part of the reason i've wanted a pair for so long, as there are so many good reviews.

So. You've seen my gloves have you ? And you were there when I did the repair was you ? Helped me choose the type of thread and select the leather patch did you ? Help me apply the contact adhesive? If I remember correctly you never even helped me do the triple stitching. No. I am fairly sure I'd remember if you did.

So it raises a question. What the fcuk do you know about it and whether it'll be a weak point. ? seeing how a part of the glove which is not designed for impact now has triple stitching and an extra layer of leather bonded within it I am Bloody sure it'll be the stronger of the two gloves. :roll:

So. You've seen my gloves have you ? And you were there when I did the repair was you ? Helped me choose the type of thread and select the leather patch did you ? Help me apply the contact adhesive? If I remember correctly you never even helped me do the triple stitching. No. I am fairly sure I'd remember if you did.

So it raises a question. What the fcuk do you know about it and whether it'll be a weak point. ? seeing how a part of the glove which is not designed for impact now has triple stitching and an extra layer of leather bonded within it I am Bloody sure it'll be the stronger of the two gloves. :roll:

Fair play to you!

i've done the same (although not quite as good a job) on a pair of RST leather summer gloves i got a while back. I got them really cheap on ebay (new) but they turned up with one of the seams coming apart slightly. So i got out the needle and thread and fixed them myself.

• 1 month later...

Wow!

To be fair, my dad was a one time tailor who also did leather work. From what you've just described as to how you repaired these, I'd argue the opposite that this part is probably the toughest past if the gloves now.

I have a pair of Astar GP plus gloves and swear by them. They are summer gives and even though I got mine half price cuz I did some work for Hein Gericke when I worked in design, it'd seriously pay full price for a new pair. I've no doubt that the rest of their gloves are just as good