Daytona Ladystar Boots

Remy

I bought these as I am quite a short@rse, at 5'3". They are a very stylish boot, totally waterproof (Goretex lining) - I've waded through water and been completely dry - and they have stacked soles. They look perfectly normal as the stacking is cleverly incorporated within the soles.

When I first tried them I thought I would have problems changing gear due to the extra thickness, but made myself persevere and now they are absolutely fine.

The only drawback is the price, they are around £300 new, but you can often get amazing bargains on eBay if you look - I recently saw a pristine pair of size 5s go for £95!

• 3 months later...

I have used the same pair of Daytona boots for the last ten years, yes ten years, they are starting to look a but tired now but they are still water tight and comfortable, yes they are expensive but you only get what you pay for and if they fell apart tomorrow they will owe me nothing and will have out lasted many other makes three times over.

Oh and you can resole them as well :-)

Keith