TCX X-Move Waterproof Boots

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Cpt_Tact
Bike(s): XSR 700
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 39 times

TCX X-Move Waterproof Boots

Post by Cpt_Tact » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:43 pm

Thought I'd pop a little review of these urban style boots on here as it took me a while to find a decent set for commuting to work and back (20 mile round trip).

I purchased these after literally spending hours browsing the internet for independent reviews on the more casual riding boots.
My request was simple, I needed a boot that I could spend all day in which involved a moderate amount of walking but above all wasn't to obvious that it was a bike boot and that it went with jeans and a shirt (usual work wear).

In a nutshell these are fantastic:

They look very discreet
Fit like a glove from the moment you put them on
Very comfortable sat at a PC or walking around the office
Not to sweaty even though they are water proof (I have very sweaty feet)
Waterproof as tested these last few days
As good as protection you can get in a "soft" above ankle boot
Gives confidence that you feet and ankle are much better protected then trainers or work boots

Downsides:
If you have wide feet you will need to order a size above normal as the fit is very Sidi
Laces are way to long and need cutting and resealing unless you want to wrap them around the boot
Soles are a little slick on mossy surfaces

These aren't the cheapest at £103 incl VAT but as always you get what you pay for and I feel that in the event of a spill these should hold up pretty well and if its a nasty crash, well I hope I'm around to see how they did :)

Return to “Boots Reviews”