TCX X-Move Waterproof Boots

Thought I'd pop a little review of these urban style boots on here as it took me a while to find a decent set for commuting to work and back (20 mile round trip).

I purchased these after literally spending hours browsing the internet for independent reviews on the more casual riding boots.

My request was simple, I needed a boot that I could spend all day in which involved a moderate amount of walking but above all wasn't to obvious that it was a bike boot and that it went with jeans and a shirt (usual work wear).

In a nutshell these are fantastic:

They look very discreet

Fit like a glove from the moment you put them on

Very comfortable sat at a PC or walking around the office

Not to sweaty even though they are water proof (I have very sweaty feet)

Waterproof as tested these last few days

As good as protection you can get in a "soft" above ankle boot

Gives confidence that you feet and ankle are much better protected then trainers or work boots

Downsides:

If you have wide feet you will need to order a size above normal as the fit is very Sidi

Laces are way to long and need cutting and resealing unless you want to wrap them around the boot

Soles are a little slick on mossy surfaces

These aren't the cheapest at £103 incl VAT but as always you get what you pay for and I feel that in the event of a spill these should hold up pretty well and if its a nasty crash, well I hope I'm around to see how they did :)