Alpinestars S-MX6

Dav3y

Purchased a pair of these recently and they were pretty much the only ones that fitted well on a recent visit to J&S. Price was £190.

Sizes come up quite generous as they are a size smaller than my RST boots that are no longer waterproof. The boot size is the same as my shoe size.

I haven't needed to wear them in to be comfortable, and they have been super comfy right from the start to the point I've almost forgotten I am wearing them. Time will tell how well they wear or stay waterproof. Only downside I have found so far is I cant easily fit my jeans over the top of the boot as it's slighly larger than my RST boot and a little taller.

Keep an eye on the ankle joints. The internal bolt came loose on mine and I even lost one bolt after only having worn them a hand full of times.

I got off the bike one day and thought my right boot felt a bit loose, looked down and the top half was not connected to the bottom half.

SportsBikeShop upgraded them for me to the SMX6 Plus, but I had issues with these too. The Velcro on the right boot would not stay fixed which would lead to the zip undoing itself and the boot being open every time I got off the bike. This also happened within a hand full of times of wearing.

They exchanged these for a pair of TCX S-Speed Gore-Tex Boots in Black.

Immediately comfortable and have had no issues what so ever they've done well over 3000 miles including a tour of Germany.

Needless to say I will not be touching Astar boots ever again.