On Friday 30th October I will be taking the forum offline at around 1.45pm as the forum is getting moved to a new server

Any questions then feel free to post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73786

Oxford 1st time soft panniers

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
salsarider79
Bike(s): GS500
Been liked: 1 time

Oxford 1st time soft panniers

Post by salsarider79 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 pm

A bit of a pain to put on the first time, getting the straps the right length and stuff, and can be a bit of a pain when fitting or removing fully loaded, oh and the rain covers need bungee's to keep them on. Mine are one short before I found that out.

Other than that - fantastic. Loads of bungee points to strap things too, I use two of the small bungee's that come with them in an X shape over the seat to keep them in up. They expand out and are massive. I've carried a shopping trolley full of food on my bike using these.

As soft luggage goes, very good but not perfect.
jedster wrote:Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.

davefly76
Bike(s): Triumph Street Triple R

Re: Oxford 1st time soft panniers

Post by davefly76 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:36 pm

I've got these too and they are very good for the price. I paid £35 for mine. My main gripe is that the waterproof covers let spray in from behind but some inner roll bags can solve that.

:cheers:
What is a pirates favorite motorbike? A Street Triple Arrrhh..

salsarider79
Bike(s): GS500
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Oxford 1st time soft panniers

Post by salsarider79 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:21 pm

davefly76 wrote:the waterproof covers let spray in from behind
Never found that, TBH, but the waterproof covers are rubbish, I think we can agree on that.... :wink:
jedster wrote:Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.

Return to “Luggage Reviews”