On Friday 30th October I will be taking the forum offline at around 1.45pm as the forum is getting moved to a new server

Any questions then feel free to post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73786

Givi V35 Monokey panniers

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Throttled
Subscriber
Bike(s): Versys 1000 GT
Has liked: 364 times
Been liked: 504 times

Givi V35 Monokey panniers

Post by Throttled » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Bought July 2012, came with bike. Mine are marked Kawasaki, but they are Givi V35s. They start about £260 on the internet, the frames start at about £100.

GOOD

The monokey system of one key to lock them and then lock them to the frame works well.
Waterproof, sturdy, feel very solid.
They are a good size, 34l each, which I find is a supermarket bag for life stuffed full with room for other small items.

MEDIUM

Initially they are a pain to open and close and fit to the rack, but with use that got easier.
I am going to get the optional inner bags to make it easier to pack and carry stuff and so items do not fall out when you open them.

BAD

The optional paint protection stick on stuff is a pain to fit and marks, so what is the point?
Audiophile/biker/sceptic

Return to “Luggage Reviews”