On Friday 30th October I will be taking the forum offline at around 1.45pm as the forum is getting moved to a new server

Any questions then feel free to post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73786

Givi Top Box

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Lrg34
Bike(s): V Strom 650

Givi Top Box

Post by Lrg34 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Just fitted Givi arms, plate and top box to GSX650F. Must say it was so simple I thought I must have got it wrong! So far so good, let's see what happens on the road.

Tango
Bike(s): Triumph Speed Triple 1050, CB750 Project bike
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 801 times

Re: Givi Top Box

Post by Tango » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:03 am

Once you get using it then maybe give a bit of a more in depth review?......capacity, ease of use, any affect on the bikes handling, etc....... 8-)
I feel the need....the need for Speed......Triple

techno
Been liked: 6 times

Post by techno » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:33 am

There not all easy to fit on the fz1 you have to pretty much remove the tail section and cut some holes in it to fit the rails but they are excellent and even fully loaded I can't tell the difference in handling.

Lrg34
Bike(s): V Strom 650

Post by Lrg34 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Tango wrote:Once you get using it then maybe give a bit of a more in depth review?......capacity, ease of use, any affect on the bikes handling, etc....... 8-)
I opted for the monokey box which apparently is designed more for large scooter use, whatever that means. I chose the 30 ltr box which is the baby of the bunch not on cost but it seemed the most suitable. I was concerned the larger 47 litre box would effect rear vision and the 30 ltr box sits perfectly behind me and doesnt interfere at all.

Haven't noticed any difference in handling, drag, noise etc so really quite chuffed. Dead easy to remove if not required and top quality fixings, build. Very solid feel, no vibrations.

Sounds like I struck lucky though with the fixing points.

klingelton
Bike(s): Kawasaki ER6F
Been liked: 4 times

Post by klingelton » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:16 pm

4 bolts on the er6f for the givi rack.
easy.

Return to “Luggage Reviews”