On Friday 30th October I will be taking the forum offline at around 1.45pm as the forum is getting moved to a new server

Any questions then feel free to post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73786

QBag Waterproof Roll Bag 3

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Lateralus
Bike(s): 2014 Tiger Sport in bestest red
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 388 times

QBag Waterproof Roll Bag 3

Post by Lateralus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:58 pm

In need of a cheap bag for the excessive luggage I planned to take on my recent tour, but needing also to pinch some pennies, I splurged a whole £10 on the QBag Waterproof Roll Bag 3. I didn't expect greatness from it, and took a couple of bin bags to line it, just in case. The way I saw it, I just wanted it to last this one trip, and anything further would be a bonus.

It's a single compartment 50 litre bag, closed with a zip with those rubber bits over the teeth, which is itself covered with a flap held down with velcro. The inside is lined, and the seams are taped.

There are no handles at all on the outside, which is just weird, and makes it very cumbersome and annoying to carry when full. But then again, it was only a tenner.

There are a number of loops for threading the webbing straps through for attaching it to the bike, but the two straps provided are a single length each, with a single plastic tag thing to double it back though. Didn't seem very convincing, and not wholly sure how I'd have used them to attach it to my bike, but then again it was only a tenner.

I used rok straps for my trip, which were very good - separate review to follow (eventually, probably).

After 2k miles of touring and one Forum Rally, one of the strapping loops is fraying slightly at the edge, but there's no other signs of wear. To my surprise, it remained waterproof through 4 hours of riding in clouds and rain, whereas the cheap navy surplus goretex trousers I had on didn't.

For a tenner, I'm massively impressed. I think I'd possibly spend a bit more and get a lomo or Oxford bag next time, mainly so that I didn't have to unthread and rethread the straps each time I took the bag on or off, but this one certainly did the job I asked of it.
8ft wide and proud

raesewell
Bike(s): Yamaha FJR 2013
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 613 times

Re: QBag Waterproof Roll Bag 3

Post by raesewell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 am

I have the Qbag 3 tail pack and it is excellent quality, I don't know why they are so cheap but don't tell any of the suppliers :wink:

Return to “Luggage Reviews”