Lomo Kayak and SUP Deck Dry Bag

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
bonio
Subscriber
Bike(s): DR-Z400 SM, RV 125 VanVan, what next ???
Challenge score: 390
Has liked: 1613 times
Been liked: 644 times

Lomo Kayak and SUP Deck Dry Bag

Post by bonio » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:41 pm

I've been using the DRZ for my weekly two-day trip to Cambridge. This means taking a bit of luggage - too much for a rucksack, but not enough to need serious luggage. So I'd been using a standard 40l Lomo dry bag strapped to the rear luggage rack. It was ok, but faffing about with straps soon became boring, so I started looking for a more convenient solution. I thought about panniers, but good ones £££ expensive, and I was keen to avoid adding the weight of pannier frames as the rear suspension is so soft.

And I then I cam across this
for £30 on Amazon, and thought it was perfect. The genius thing about it is that the straps fix to the bottom of the bag, rather than going over the top. This means that once it's on the bike, it stays on and it stays tight, regardless of how much stuff you put in. When it's empty, it's just as firmly fixed as when it's full. There's no need to keep readjusting the straps, I just put stuff in, roll the top and go. It saves me aeons of faff on each trip.

And of course it's just as dry as a normal Lomo bag - we've been through some Noahic downpours and it's always stayed as dry as the inside of the Ark. I also like the handy mesh pockets - useful for a water bottle or, in my case, for putting my glasses. I guess the only downside is that it is fairly small: it's fine for a couple of days away, and I'd probably be ok with it for three or four days, but no more than that. The diameter of the bag is quite small, too, so you can't take large objects, but my monster 2" thick 17" laptop fits in nicely.

Nowadays, the bag just sits on the bike all the time. It's so useful, and so convenient to use, the bike wouldn't feel complete without it.
Apologies for the crap pic:
lomo2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Two Soups

Gerontious
Bike(s): Honda Africa Twin
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 1733 times

Re: Lomo Kayak and SUP Deck Dry Bag

Post by Gerontious » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:58 pm

The front deck bag is quite good too. ideal shape for over the pillion seat.
Kayak-Deck-Bag-Zip-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.

gogs01
Bike(s): R1200RT
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 146 times

Re: Lomo Kayak and SUP Deck Dry Bag

Post by gogs01 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:16 am

Isn't it great when you find something that just works for you ? :D

Return to “Luggage Reviews”