Metzeler 888's

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Jetlag Jon
Bike(s): Harley Softail Slim
Been Liked: 2 times

Metzeler 888's

#1 Post by Jetlag Jon » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:34 am

These are by far the best tyres I have had on my Harley Softail Slim. I have tried Michelin Scorcher and Dunlop but the 888's are much better in the wet or on dry roads. They don't tend to follow tar lines and get up to temperature pretty quickly. In the wet I have more confidence than I have had with any other tyre. IMO they have improved the handling of the bike.

I get about 8000 miles from a rear, 12000 from a front, but I don't run them below 2mm.

The only downside is they take a bit of scrubbing in, about 100 miles in my experience. I guess they coat them in some gloop in the factory, which for the first couple of miles makes them nowhere near as grippy as when they are broken in.

I am now on my third rear and second front,, can't see I will ever buy a different tyre.