Michelin Pilot 4

Smithers

Not much to add to the reviews on here. I fitted a new set of pilot 4's at the end of October last year. A rear puncture on the Honda fitted Dunlop's was a blessing in disguise as I was never very happy with them. The Michelins transformed the bike completely giving amazing grip in the wet and more confidence in cornering. A great tyre and well worth the outlay.

Road or Powers? I'm looking at getting some new tyres and I currently have Pilot Road (1st gen so they're old now), great tyres so I'd like to stay with Pilots.

Sorry; Road.

My front needed replacing at her last service, so I've had a 4GT fitted with the intention of changing over the rear too in a few months time (Other bills come first unfortunately!)

Glad to hear you like them and hopefully I can add my review to the crowd after I've done some mileage. :D

I’ve got them on the mighty Speedtriple

Only issue I’ve found is that they get a bit squishy when hot and right on the edge full power out of flat out off camber corners.

Yeah ... like I could tell the difference??? 😂

They’re great in all conditions

I’ve got them on the mighty Speedtriple

Only issue I’ve found is that they get a bit squishy when hot and right on the edge full power out of flat out off camber corners.

Yeah ... like I could tell the difference??? 😂

They’re great in all conditions

More air usually stops that ..............top tip for when you do feel it happen :popcorn:

I used to get it on the TL with pilot 2ct's just 2psi extra in the rear made all the difference 8-)

Guest Richzx6r

Had a pilot power on the rear recently but didn't get too much of a chance to see what they were like but not bad going to and from work

Just had a pair of PR4s fitted. Handle a lot better than the worn out PR3s. Though they do slide a bit when caught in the recent sudden snow fall :shock:

Best tyres I've had on a bike hands down. Grippy, handle well and superb in the wet. I went through 2 sets (12k miles) when I had my K1200s and they performed excellently throughout.

Can't really comment on use in the UK as almost all of that was in Europe but I encountered all types of surface from smooth to gravel strewn roads to dirt tracks :mrgreen:

PR4s will be going on my next bike for definite.

• 2 months later...

Fantastic rubber I had them before, used on track, road and long voyages, last for ever with great grip. Same good tyre is Metzler roadtec and sportec, will not last as Michelis but great grip.

Now I got Pirelli angel gt with the bike, don’t have enough miles and didn’t go on track yet, but so far it is good tyre, good on dry and wet, just need bit more time to warm up in compare with Michelis.

Will see how long it will last.

I saw a mention of 4 GT version - did anyone find them worse in day to day riding (commuting) compared to normal 4s? I might consider the GT for next tyre change if I can get more mileage at no or very little cost to handling and road keeping.

I saw a mention of 4 GT version - did anyone find them worse in day to day riding (commuting) compared to normal 4s? I might consider the GT for next tyre change if I can get more mileage at no or very little cost to handling and road keeping.

The GT’s have a slightly stiffer carcass and are designed for the heavier bikes. Big GT types like BM’s FJ’s etc

So for lighter bikes stick with std 4’s.

As [mention]JRH[/mention] says they are designed for heavier bikes

Your 650 will need the normal ones :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

The GT’s have a slightly stiffer carcass and are designed for the heavier bikes. Big GT types like BM’s FJ’s etc

So for lighter bikes stick with std 4’s.

Just to add to this thread!

Sprint had her start of season service in March and I had the 4 GTs fitted, front and rear.

I wanted to have a bit of time before I posted here but almost immediately I did notice a real difference in the feel of the bike.

Now I know my old ones were fairly squared on the rear from motorway miles :oops: , but the PIlots feel So Smooth cornering! I've really gained far more confidence in leaning my bike lower into corners and trusting the tyres not to slip out.

I've now ridden in the rain, country roads, motorways and with my resident pillion on the back and I'm SO impressed with these Tyres. :mrgreen: Definitely have the Gin seal of approval! :thumb: