Oggie76 Kevlar lined jeans

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Rodders
Bike(s): TBC
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Oggie76 Kevlar lined jeans

#1 Post by Rodders » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:34 pm

I wanted some jeans that I could wear on the bike for protection and then feel comfortable and stylish whilst having lunch or watching a gig. Something that would look right on a retro style bike. So I needed denim jeans.

I bought a well known brand first and the fit isn't great - very baggy, and waist is a bit tight.

The Oggie76 jeans had come up on ebay searches but seemed to cheap to be true. But they had a stall at Motorcycle Live (NEC) and I thought they looked pretty good quality. So I had a look through ebay to choose colour and size; they've got every base covered - blue, stonewash blue, black, stonewash black, light blue, biker wash black etc.

For £46 delivered including some CE approved knee and hip armour, they are great. The fit is better although the leg is a bit long. They seem really well made and the armour is a nice addition which I can swap into the other jeans which came without.

I think they manage to cut costs by reducing the amount of Kevlar lining they use - but the key areas are covered so I'm not too concerned.

They're only really available through ebay, and I suspect they'll struggle to stay in business but I'm glad to have them in my kit.