Video Cam J1000

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
bmwdave
Bike(s): bmw F800gt, previous RF1200t, FJR and 2xDeauville
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times

Video Cam J1000

Post by bmwdave » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Also labelled Sports VDC. As promised on other thread "alternative to GoPro", here are my first impressions.

The camera is very compact and the waterproof case seems very good. There are lots of bits to mount it in various ways, and in the house it works pretty well. The instructions, however, are useless and it took a lot of experimenting to work out how to do the basics like set the time/date, and set it to record continuously rather than one of the "loop" features. It will record in3/5/10 minute loops, but its not the last 10 minutes, it does 10 minutes and restarts, so you lose the first loop immediately. Not good. It says you can recharge and video at the same time. I have been unable to do so, every time I plug it in it switches to "webcam or mass storage" choice. I am not very IT minded, so it might just be me (shut up Alex), and like I said, the instructions are useless.

The video off the bike is not worth loading onto here, its the mount not the camera, with far too much vibration to produce anything watchable. I'm trying various places on the bike but have not found an answer. I'm not sure if I will be able to bike mount it without getting XS vibration, or whether I'll have to wear it mounted on me, but I really was hoping to avoid this. Any comments on bike mounting without the shakes will be appreciated.

Will post more when I've had a bit more practise, and hopefully some video
Madness runs in the family - I got it from my son.

Tango
Bike(s): Triumph Speed Triple 1050, CB750 Project bike
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 801 times

Re: Video Cam J1000

Post by Tango » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Moved to the Bike/Helmet Camera Reviews section......as it didn't really sound like a gloves review... :wink: :lol: :lol:
I feel the need....the need for Speed......Triple

al_stu
Bike(s): Sprint ST1050 2005
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Video Cam J1000

Post by al_stu » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:02 am

Tango wrote:Moved to the Bike/Helmet Camera Reviews section......as it didn't really sound like a gloves review... :wink: :lol: :lol:
and there is the evidence of his IT knowledge!!! Couldnt resist Dad :twisted:

Where are you plugging it in to charge while trying to video?

I googled stabilise a bike camera, this is from a mountain bike forum (urgh actual exercise, wierdos :booty: ) but does give some tips to edit the vibrations out the video after its recorded

http://forums.mtbr.com/videos-pov-camer ... 49791.html
Theory Passed 8/11/12 :D
CBT Passed 9/2/13 :D :D
MOD 1 Passed 4/3/13 (Third times the charm!) :D :D :D
MOD 2 Passed 8/3/13 :D :D :D :D

My new hobby is dressing up in leather and meeting up with other likeminded men in carparks

Return to “Helmet/Bike Camera Reviews”