SJ1000 Action Cam

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Tango
Bike(s): Triumph Speed Triple 1050, CB750 Project bike
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 801 times

SJ1000 Action Cam

Post by Tango » Mon May 26, 2014 10:51 am

Bought off eBay from UK seller for £50....but I did have to buy a MicroSD card too.....and I also bought a spare battery for £5.

Camera is a bit like the GoPro and requires the waterproof case (supplied) to use it on the bike. There is a whole raft of mounts supplied in the kit....so it may take some experimentation to find the right combination....but, as the waterproof case has a standard camera thread insert in the bottom, there are also other mounts available if required.

Currently using the camera without the waterproof case with one of the mounts in the car, and have attached another mount to the front brake reservoir....so it's still suffers a bit from vibration over rough road surfaces....but it's fairly useable I think.
The waterproof case reduces the wind noise on the camera, so you can hear the engine....but it's not perfect, but again I think it's useable.

The battery is interchangeable.....so, for use on the bike it'll give about 4 hours recording with both batteries. In the car it's connected to a micro-USB supply (same as phone chargers) and is set to start recording when the ignition comes on.

I've set it for loop recording with 5 minute segments. There are 3 options I think....but the 5 minute segments work for me.....and it generates a slight overlap between segments if you want to stitch several segments together.

The camera has a small LCD screen on the back, so it's dead easy to set it up and change settings on the fly if you want. The screen can be set to turn off after a preset time to preserve battery life.....but there's a small blue LED in the top of the camera that comes on when it is powered on, and flashes when it's recording.

The files are saved as .MOV....which my laptop doesn't like, but my tablet is fine with them.
The only downside I've seen so far is that the picture isn't as sharp in the middle of the screen as it is on the edges....but it's still not bad.....and for £50..... :wink:

Here's a little taster of the quality.
[youtube][/youtube]
I feel the need....the need for Speed......Triple

runningman
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: SJ1000 Action Cam

Post by runningman » Mon May 26, 2014 12:50 pm

Quality isn't too shabby at all. Not bad for £50 I would have said.

BTW it is 2014!

Tango

Post by Tango » Mon May 26, 2014 12:57 pm

runningman wrote:Quality isn't too shabby at all. Not bad for £50 I would have said.

BTW it is 2014!
Blood hell....another year gone already... :lol: :lol: Thankfully it's dead easy to change the settings..... :cheers:

al_stu
Bike(s): Sprint ST1050 2005
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by al_stu » Mon May 26, 2014 3:53 pm

brrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmm oo bike sounds lovely. And road is a cracker too. Oh boy do I want to go for a spin, wish it wasn't raining :crybaby:
Theory Passed 8/11/12 :D
CBT Passed 9/2/13 :D :D
MOD 1 Passed 4/3/13 (Third times the charm!) :D :D :D
MOD 2 Passed 8/3/13 :D :D :D :D

My new hobby is dressing up in leather and meeting up with other likeminded men in carparks

Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Has liked: 4059 times
Been liked: 3541 times

Post by Stu » Mon May 26, 2014 6:55 pm

not too bad at all Bob

wind noise is at a minimum which is good :)
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

Glorian
Bike(s): Yamaha XJ6 N SP
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Glorian » Mon May 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Stu wrote:not too bad at all Bob

wind noise is at a minimum which is good :)
You just can't hear it over that engine :D
I love donuts

Tango

Post by Tango » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:49 pm

A little taster from our run to the Meldreth Manor bike show the other night..... 8-)

Return to “Helmet/Bike Camera Reviews”