Innovv C-3 Remote Camera Bike Cam

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Tango
Bike(s): Triumph Speed Triple 1050, CB750 Project bike
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 801 times

Innovv C-3 Remote Camera Bike Cam

Post by Tango » Sun May 17, 2015 9:49 am

After dropping my SJ1000 and b*ggering up the power switch I decided to look for something that's a bit more permanent on the bike.......and a camera system that can be powered from the bike more easily........so, a bit of research threw up the Innovv C-3.
I bought it direct from Innovv.....who are based in China........and it took about 2 weeks to arrive.
The camera part connects to the control unit via an HDMI cable (although it's a bit non-standard)........so the camera can be mounted remotely from the controller.
The kit is pretty comprehensive.....with various camera mounts and a pocket clip for the controller (but the controller unit isn't waterproof, so it would need to clip to an inside pocket in wet weather). There's also a variety of leads, a cigarette lighter USB adaptor, a 12v-5v converter supply with pretty long leads on it and a remote mic option (although,this shares the same USB socket as the power connection.....so you can only use one or the other)
IMG_20150509_145700.jpg
The camera unit can be mounted pretty discreetly....on the underside of the nose fairing, between the headlights on my bike.
IMG_20150516_151539.jpg
And the control unit mounted somewhere out of the weather......but with easy access.
IMG_20150516_151734.jpg
The 12v-5v power unit on mine was DOA.......so I emailed Innovv and they replied promptly, sent a pic of the unit to make sure we were both talking about the same thing, were very apologetic and are sending me out a replacement unit.....so, support is pretty good I think.

Not had chance to use it too much yet.......but here's a clip from the Ashley Martin Memorial Rideout last weekend...
Well......I would have uploaded a link to a Youtube vid if our f*cking internet was anything like resonable......and my tablet made any sense when trying to do this kinda sh*t......... :x Picture quality is pretty good......so, once my technical gremlins have been sorted, I'll put something up.........
https://youtu.be/fmbstYNeNTY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I feel the need....the need for Speed......Triple

funinacup
Bike(s): Suzuki Bandit 1250 K7
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Innovv C-3 Remote Camera Bike Cam

Post by funinacup » Sun May 17, 2015 9:54 am

Sounds like a decent bit of kit. Think the video link at the end of the post is dead though. Could be Tapatalk tho.
----
2008 Bandit 1250

Tango

Post by Tango » Sun May 17, 2015 10:08 am

Yep.....I'm afraid we're suffering from some technical gremlins here today......but once I've sorted them I'll have another go at posting something up...... :wink:

runningman
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by runningman » Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 am

How much was the kit?

Tango

Post by Tango » Sun May 17, 2015 4:06 pm

runningman wrote:How much was the kit?
I think it came to about £90 including postage......so, not too bad I think...... 8-)

CGD217
Bike(s): Yamaha XJ6 Diversion-S
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by CGD217 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:13 pm

I've heard great things about the Innovv C-3, the way you have hidden it is pretty good.
I'd be interested to see if you could get extension cables so you can hide the control unit under the seat, out the way.

Depending on how this goes, i may go for something very similar.
Challenge 100 Scores:
[ 2015-
180 | 2016- 280 | 2017- 180 | 2018- 140 ]

Tango

Post by Tango » Mon May 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Well.....hopefully this bit of vid will work...... :wink:
Still waiting for the replacement power unit.....but it's got to come from China......so, it could be a while.
Picture quality I'd say is not as good as the SJ1000.......but the remote camera and control unit definitely tick the boxes for me.......it's pretty discreet on the bike....... 8-)

Ricky
Bike(s): MT-07
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Ricky » Mon May 25, 2015 10:35 pm

That's pretty darn awesome Bob, nice one :D

:cheers:
Live forever or die trying.

Tankbag
Subscriber
Bike(s): Hayabusa Gen1
Has liked: 1700 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by Tankbag » Mon May 25, 2015 11:36 pm

Tango wrote:remote mic option (although,this shares the same USB socket as the power connection.....so you can only use one or the other
Bob does this mean powered up from the bike you can't plug in the remote mike & therefore no sound ??
Cheers :cheers:

In the Buff HERE = viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73218

ninjabob
Bike(s): zzr1400

Post by ninjabob » Tue May 26, 2015 8:47 am

90° or 120° lens in that video?

Joeman
Subscriber
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Has liked: 1150 times
Been liked: 973 times

Post by Joeman » Tue May 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Tankbag wrote:
Tango wrote:remote mic option (although,this shares the same USB socket as the power connection.....so you can only use one or the other
Bob does this mean powered up from the bike you can't plug in the remote mike & therefore no sound ??
Im sure with a bit of ingenuity some kind of splitter cable could be made to provide power into the camera and a mic socket out.

Tango

Post by Tango » Tue May 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Tankbag wrote:
There is a mic in the control unit, which is what you can hear in the vid........but, yes, you can't use the external mic with the power connected........unless you want to start chopping the leads about as suggested by Joeman.
It's the 90 degree lens, ninjabob.
I also went with the internal battery setup......as I may want to put the camera on my lid at some stage......and put the control unit in a pocket without powering it from the bike....... :wink:
But, fear not folks, I won't be Vlogging...... :wink:

Return to “Helmet/Bike Camera Reviews”