Olfi One Five Camera

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 2350 times

Olfi One Five Camera

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:57 pm

I've had the Olfi camera for a couple of months now. Bought from J&S Delamere just round the corner from us. I comes with a variety of mounts but uses GoPro fittings so there's loads available. Nice touch is that the box includes a decent mini SD card. The box also contains a waterproof case and there is an optional case with a port for a power supply if you want to run it off the bike's 12v supply. It came with three batteries, each lasting about an hour and a separate charger which holds two batteries.
Olfi.jpg
Video quality seems to be good, I bought a clamp mount for the handlebars which switches between both bikes easily and holds the camera in a good postion. The anti vibration software works well most of the time which considering it's on a clamp that does vibrate a lot is pretty impressive. At high rpm the mount does overwhelm the image slightly but that's an issue with the mount really.
Olfi 2.jpg

The Youtube quality is much less than I get with the camera connected to my pc - but our broadband very slow due to living in a rural area so that's probably why it's so bad.

The quality is good, they don't do a lot of the fancy stuff other action cameras go in for, the focus seems to be on build quality and ease of use. If you break it within the first year they'll replace it for free.

£149.99 from J&S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mississippi Bullfrog on Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Has liked: 4059 times
Been liked: 3541 times

Re: Olfi One Five Camera

Post by Stu » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:06 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:57 pm
Files are saved as mp4 on my pc and I'm not sure how to include those here,
Best off uploading to YouTube :thumb:
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

JRH
The Hoggfather!
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Challenge score: 320
Has liked: 1299 times
Been liked: 1251 times

Post by JRH » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Stu wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:06 pm
Files are saved as mp4 on my pc and I'm not sure how to include those here,
Best off uploading to YouTube :thumb:
:stupid:
Then copy the link into your post.
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750

2020 challenge 100

Pubs 8 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 3 / 12
East Midlands 1 /12
South Wales 2 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15
Bonus Bonus 2 / 15

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 2993 times

Post by XTreme » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:48 am

our broadband very slow due to living in a rural area so that's probably why it's so bad.
Well I live in a very rural location...

8992719844.png

Damn the EU and their grants to deliver superfast fibre optic to rural areas! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Helmet/Bike Camera Reviews”