I downloaded this app to my HTC Desire recently. Cost was around £28.

Plus Points:

Accurate navigation

Able to drag routes to make detours from the suggested routes.

Points of interest works well for finding Hotels etc.

Has several different modes including Motorcycle and walking.

Route planner works pretty well too (just input Cat & Fiddle route for Rally rideout)

Speed Camera warning

Programmable warning when exceeding speed limit by a set amount (+5mph, +10mph, etc)

Junction lane view indicating which lanes you should be in approaching a junction.

Live Traffic bar on side of screen indicating if there are any delays in your current route and will reroute you if there is significant delays.

Minus Points:

Small Screen (but to be fair that is more a function of the phone than the app!)

Not too many options for route planning (ie, avoiding motorways, tolls, etc)

Some of the automatic route choices are a bit bizzarre particularly if you select Shortest route! (Could take you through the middle of towns rather than around them)

Don't work with Tyre (But then again my TomTom Via 130 don't either.... :booty: )

I use this in my car all the time as I can play my music on the phone at the same time and use the handsfree when necessary. Apart from the screen size (which I may address in the near future with a Galaxy III when my contract expires) I think this really works well as a Sat Nav. I'm really pleased with it and think that the price is also pretty good compared with buying a dedicated Sat Nav. So, Phone, Sat Nav & Music player all in one device saving cluttering the dashboard with various bits of hardware..... 8-)

Have you looked at Google Navigation (Beta)?

http://www.google.co.uk/mobile/navigation/

this is what i use... and its FREE! :)

Hi Joeman......I was using Google Navigation but this allows more control over route planning.....it's basically a step up from Google Navigation in my opinion. Google Navigation is free as you pointed out and I did procastinate over investing the money in CoPilot....but now I've done it I have no regrets at all..... 8-)

Have you looked at Google Navigation (Beta)?

http://www.google.co.uk/mobile/navigation/

this is what i use... and its FREE! :)

Hi Joeman......I was using Google Navigation but this allows more control over route planning.....it's basically a step up from Google Navigation in my opinion. Google Navigation is free as you pointed out and I did procastinate over investing the money in CoPilot....but now I've done it I have no regrets at all..... 8-)

Good to hear a comparrison between the two systems :) sounds like money well spent 8-)

• 1 year later...

Hi, I got the CoPilot hooked up to my Samsung galaxy S3 it's a very good system. I have used it over in Europe its been very accurate. The phone sits in water proof mount on the bike maps can be seen no problem direction clear and also we can run with music in the back ground which is great for touring. Just remember to switch off the data roaming on your phone whist your on the road as the data charges can soon ramp up your bill, also get a power supply from the bike as the GPS system will rinse your battery in no time. I would say that Garmin and the likes days are numbered with Apps like this hitting the market.