Speed Camera & Navigation Apps

It seems in 12 months the Navigation Apps & speed camera Apps have come on some.

I am Android Based and here is what I can work out.

Its not definitive and I plan to modify as people comment...

Routing

Co Pilot- PAID, Offline Routing, Safety Cameras, Live Traffic on Subscription , 3D Mode

Routing via places possible. drag able routes, Biker routes (although these can be far from the quickest). Adjustable speeds.

Google Maps: Free: Offline Routing, NO Safety Cameras, Live Traffic , 3d Mode

Annoying habit on roundabouts take slip road and no name given even after lap of honer, Oyline routing available if you down load maps before can be done just over Wifi

HERE Maps: Free, Offline Routing, Safety Cameras, Live traffic, 3d Mode

No personnel experience yet

Waze

Maps, cameras, emergency vehicles, accidents etc.... found it to be very accurate as it's user added information and it seems a lot of people use and update.

Scout

A new app to me not tried yet says its award winning on iphone... To be tested...

http://www.telenav.com/products/scout/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BeeLine

You can use the app for free... I have found it interesting to use, I have learned to keep Google Maps open as a window just to help where it looses the plot. If it matters to you your on particular roads.

I also found it really struggles without internet connection, where as I could get Google maps to supply me a route..

Full review with the Beeline Module by [mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention] here:

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=72891&sid=02d9105bbeb63842d9e7865d0b8782eb

PAID

TomTom GO: Paid app annual subscription, offline maps, safety cameras, speed limits, 3d Mode.

As good as Google any other SatNav. App it does seem to give more of main route options. Nice and user friendly for using alternative route going through waypoints.

Can be used in conjunction with TomTom My Drive which has some good routing options on PC. There is also a my drive app which is not as funstional as online. Where you can construct a route and send it to your phone. Not without its quirks but a good app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.gplay.navapp

Calimoto, Sat nav app for bikes, Paid

It uses curvy algorithms for routing, also has a loop ride facility where you input the distance and direction you what to travel and it creates an editable loop for you. Plans for direct route planning (review by tigger004).

http://calimoto.eu/en/

Magic Earth: Free, Offline Routing, Safety Cameras, Live Traffic? No 3d mode?

Routing via places possible.

No personnel experience yet Just found it I like the look of it... Its buy the same people as route 66

MAPS.ME: Free, Offline Routing, NO Safety Cameras?, 3d Mode

Slow to route?

Nav MII: Free, Offline Routing, NO Safety Cameras?, 3d Mode

Lots of annoying Adds In app purchases to upgrade.

OFF LINE Maps: Free, Offline Routing, NO Safety Cameras?, 3d Mode

Speed Camera Apps

TOM TOM Amigo: FREE - if not used for routing various views nice audible alerts. Auto on function when connected to selected bluetooth devices (very handy).

Speed Cameras by Sygic: Paid one off, good deals available when offer is on. It works.

Edited by onesea

I guess no one else is that interested,.... Anther change is that if you download the maps (can be done over Wifi) Google Maps is now available offline... Original post updated.

I am interested! Just too bone idle to comment :booty:

I use Google maps. Not fussed about traffic reports juts want to design my own routes which is a faff on google but find the voice directions good.

Might try one of the other free ones at some point, but would prefer someone else just tells me if they're any good haha

I guess no one else is that interested

Don't be fooled! just because no one posts it doesn't mean the aren't interested :wink:

I am only posting to say that

and I'm interested :wink:

If I still had the like system I would have liked it too :lol:

:stupid:

Yep, pretty much.

I use CoPilot. ....and have for several years. It does exactly what I want......so I don't see any point in changing it.... 8-)

But it's always useful to see what other options are out there though..... :cheers:

I am glad to see this. My satnav has gone walkabout somehow, I suspect when I had the car cleaned at a supermarket, but only used it occasionally and it was nearly 3 months since last used that I realised it was missing.

I am intending to replace my blackberry with a smartphone soon and want to download a satnav app then.

Thanks for the info, only saw the post tonight.

I tend to just not speed when I am in an unknown area. Cruise control and a speed limiter on the car are wonderful things. If im on the bike then I have a quick blast around the local lanes I know and then stick to the limits ISH again if going somewhere else. But even if going a bit quick then I am very very aware . I never go stupid speeds on the roads anymore. Its just not worth it. I have the sound turned off on my car sta nav so the audble alerts don't work for me anyway

• 2 months later...

Helpful post onesea Thankyou as I haven't yet used any navigation and will try a simple Google route via smartphone and whatever comfortable Bluetooth headset ( how comfortable / uncomfortable might they be I wonder ? ) that I choose . Any suggestions appreciated

I'll just add to this that Here maps seems to be the only app that allows you to leave out motorways all together. Great for anyone on L plates. Co pilot will strongly avoid but can still send you on to motorways. Google maps does do this but not in offline mode.

If your using the sat nav to monitor speed, Here maps also has a clearer display.

Copilot works a lot smoother though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If your using the sat nav to monitor speed, Here maps also has a clearer display.

The one I like for that is the TOM TOM App now gives verbal warnings when your speeding and when approaching speed cameras and SOME mobiles.....

The one I like for that is the TOM TOM App now gives verbal warnings when your speeding and when approaching speed cameras and SOME mobiles.....

Wanted to try the TomTom app but it kept crashing after install. I'm hoping they release an update soon.

Do Garmin do an app?

Wanted to try the TomTom app but it kept crashing after install. I'm hoping they release an update soon.

Do Garmin do an app?

TomTom has been fine for me, maybe bit battery heavy but can charge on bike so no isses.

Not seen any for gamin but I have been settled on TomTom and Google Maps since I wrote this....

Waze is another good free one.

maps, cameras, emergency vehicles, accidents etc.... found it to be very accurate as it's user added information and it seems a lot of people use and update.

I use maps.me

Good navigation and it has a free download of an entire country for offline no data use :)

...is that what you were using on the last run? I'm not convinced then :booty:

Thanks for that I just quoted you and added it to the original post I hope you dont mind, how did I forget that one.....

Presently down loading "scout" since Glorian commented on it (voices in my head saying, ohh new Nav app got to try LOL), think I am turning into a geek on this subject LOL.

Thanks for that I just quoted you and added it to the original post I hope you dont mind, how did I forget that one.....

Presently down loading "scout" since Glorian commented on it (voices in my head saying, ohh new Nav app got to try LOL), think I am turning into a geek on this subject LOL.

There are so many nowadays that it's good to have a list of those other use. Saves trying to sieve through all the crap ones.

And...

Absolutely no problem at all, glad to be of use :D