Quick review of tomtom v2 rider,which I used along with a Scala rider headset. excellent satnav which I used for 5 years with hardly any problems. ,easy to use and good build quality. Easy hands free phone calls with headset. would still be using it,but tom tom have now stopped support for this model. Although you can still get map and camera updates etc. Only negative was the sun glare occasionally. I would give it a 4/5. I have now sold it and treated myself to a TomTom 40 and a Scala g9x headset. hope they serve me well for the next 5 years..can still get on eBay for a good price. :thumb:

Edited by Pip

I am thinking of a Rider 40. How is it in the sun with the screen and any impressions on waterproofness?

Tomorrow will be my first time of using this combination.

I have the tomtom rider 410 and its ok. But the phone sound quality is very bad. I use it with my schuberth src pro (cardo).

Also on long journeys I like to listen to music. But that's not possible as the 410 doesn't support it.

So I've decided to get a cheap smart phone to connect to the sat nav. This will give it it's Internet access for traffic updates. Going to keep it permanently in my topbox, which has power.

As the src pro supports dual Bluetooth, I'll connect my other phone for listening to music and making phone calls.

My advice to anyone who is thinking of getting the 410 is to try the tomtom app out first. It's great!

i tried my tomtom rider 40 out yesterday combined with my Scala g9x and it worked brilliant,received a few phone calls and was very clear .only negative was,when recording my journey,a screensaver/video came on advertising tomtom rider satnavs. it was like a short film,very distracting.

I am thinking of a Rider 40. How is it in the sun with the screen and any impressions on waterproofness?

i found it to excellent yesterday in the sun. just getting to grips with it.