Calimoto sat nav for bikes

Guest Richzx6r

Just want to say iv just got this and so far have done one rideout using it and it lived up to the hype, the free app has decent features but it's fairly cheap if you want to pay for it at £5 a month I think and you get one map free or the whole world maps for £60 but it has a few features like finding the twistiest and nicest roads in your area, the voice commands are easy to follow if you haven't got a mount and it has quite a few other things like speed. Av speed, height, miles left and ETA, premium also has lean angle and acceleration data so yea if you haven't already got it I'd suggest giving it a go

• 1 year later...

Seconded on Calimoto. Most general sat navs give you a direct route but not an interesting route. With apps such as these the algorithm should give you a more interesting route. I do generally plan my route on the Calimoto website first and then amend as necessary - it does suggest some "interesting" roads which may be fine depending on your specific bike, but you may want to avoid. You can then save the route and open it up in the app to navigate by (yet it'll still be dynamic - if you miss a turn or decide that looks like a country lane you don't want to go down it'll reroute)

One pro-tip - if even you lock the phone orientation the app does still override this and change its orientation occasionally whilst riding (dang I didn't think I leaned over THAT FAR), there's a setting in the app to prevent this.